Newbie and starting Slimming World tonight!

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, my name is Lula and tonight I shall be starting at Slimming World, have never tried it before but a close friend of mine has lost 7 stone on it so I thought I'd give it a go. I am somewhere between 12-14 stones I think, I don't know yet as I never weight myself due to how it makes me feel. I've decided to not bother weighing myself before tonight as well as then I can be weighed and then have the chat to get me motivated instead of it just exasperating me.
I'm looking to lose 3-5 stones (depending on how I end up weighing, I ideally want to get to 8st5lbs. I'm 5'1.

I figure this place seems like a positive place to join while I'm slimming down, next summer I have a wedding to go to and I want to lose enough to make shopping for the dress an absolute joy. I also enjoy music festivals and want to lose enough for next year's season to be able to prance and frolic and feel comfortable and free doing so :).

I'm happy to be here and will edit this tonight when I find out the grim truth of my true weight!

Lula.x

good luck for tonight, i remember my first weigh inn, how daunting!! but i had such a warm welcome that all the nerves i had just went as soon as i walked through the door.
I have lost 3st 10lb so far and have 4lb to target.
You will get to target for your dress shopping, and think positive, I love my food and if i can do it anyone can.
I have gone from a size 18 to 8/10 and feel great, the comments i have had encouraged me to carry on when my will power started to weaken.
you have lots of tips and advice here its a great website.
Please keep in touch and good luck again :D

Hi.
I love the slimming World diet. Has worked for me and you can really feel how healthier you become on it, I think. Really it's good, sensible eating on it. Lots of good inspiring stories in the mags. Love it!

Good luck with it. X

Hi ya. I started sw 5 weeks ago and got my stone award tonight, it really does work, hoping to loose another stone before the 1st December. Stick with it. X

Back