Newbie, coping with hunger, but sooo bored!

msblonde

a new way of living!
Hey everyone,

My name is Helen, I am 37, 5'4" and weigh 79kg.

yesterday i was so hungry i ate a pack of babybell light cheeses, checking the carb level first. today i am determined to stick to just water and the shakes/soup.

the thing bugging me, is its so boring! even reading a magazine earlier, there were loads of ads and articles on food, turn on the tv, food, go to work (I am a carer) food, (either shopping or cooking meals) and i just want something to eat!

i know people seem to get slim and healthy on this, i am just not sure if feeling slim and healthy feels as nice as eating does!?!?

My BMI is 31, so i am clinically obese, which is very scary, which is why i am on this. but i am bored!

I loved the ideas of latte's and mint choc chakes, but still bored in between, and headachey and feel really sick.

will i feel better after ketosis kicks in?

blaaghlup i feel sick. :( :sigh:

i am on day 2 by the way

H

msblonde - you need to stop with the negativity hun. If you think like this on day 1 or 2 it doesnt look good for the future. Having said that, the first week is the worst. Once you have had your first WI it will give u a great boost to continue.

My philosphy is - LT is not just a diet, it is a way of teaching yourself to no longer be ruled by food.

You need to put 100% in to get 100% out hun.

good luck :)

I'm on day four, and feel much better - i agree with you about the boredom - the evening seems so long with a dinner to worry about (my husband is on the diet as well, so I don't have to cook) - but now that I'm getting some energy back, it's great having the free time. It's just a sign of how addicted to food I was that my whole day centred around it!!

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum. :)

The headaches will subside after the first week, trust me I've been there. You will start feeling an awful lot better after Ketosis kicks in but as for the boredom I'm afraid you're just going to have to grin and bear it. LT is the easiest diet in the world if you stick to it and you'll get used to all of boring little bits and bobs simply because the WIs make it all worth it.

Stick it out hun, get to that first weigh in and you'll feel fabulous :)

Hey everyone,

My name is Helen, I am 37, 5'4" and weigh 79kg.

yesterday i was so hungry i ate a pack of babybell light cheeses, checking the carb level first. today i am determined to stick to just water and the shakes/soup.

the thing bugging me, is its so boring! even reading a magazine earlier, there were loads of ads and articles on food, turn on the tv, food, go to work (I am a carer) food, (either shopping or cooking meals) and i just want something to eat!

i know people seem to get slim and healthy on this, i am just not sure if feeling slim and healthy feels as nice as eating does!?!?

My BMI is 31, so i am clinically obese, which is very scary, which is why i am on this. but i am bored!

I loved the ideas of latte's and mint choc chakes, but still bored in between, and headachey and feel really sick.

will i feel better after ketosis kicks in?

blaaghlup i feel sick. :( :sigh:

Hi msblonde and welcome, putting the word lite next to food stuff does not make it ok, cheese is probably the worst thing to eat.
Just because you are doing any diet your day or life doesn't change just because of what you put in your mouth, it is just a meal time. You need to learn and understand what food is for and that it should not rule our lives.
As for slim feeling better than eating well I can tell you it sooooooo does, and if you dont try you will never know.
I think been clinically obese which you find 'scary' tells you that you need to do something and it really does answer the above question for you so yes slim is far better than eating
Headaches and feeling sick are totally normal initially on this diet this doesn't last long and you will soon be over the worse so stick at it.
Use this site to help you through as much as possible because everyone is here to help each other through the bad times, so stick at it you do not have far to go and you will wonder what all the fuss was about ;) xx

hiya,

i'm on day two as well, i started yesterday.

i think the biggest problem is that this isnt just a diet. its a life changing experience and because of that fact it becomes the main focus of your thoughts. of course the more you think about it, the harder its going to be.

i think the trick is to keep busy, dont let lt take over, its just a small part of the journey to becoming the new you.

use the time to try new things, now you dont have to spend an hour (at least) in the kitchen every night :rolleyes:.

read a book, watch a dvd, go for a walk (not strenuous), put together a scrap book of clothes that you would like to wear when you get to target (image therapy), take up knitting? :rolleyes:

last night i watched sex and the city, tonight im hoping to go to aqua aerobics, if i dont feel up to it later i'm going to do some decorating (which i have been putting off for weeks).

good luck

pixie xx

I am like that bored have a little snack, all you do now is find other intrests, and every one is right, this isn't really a 'diet' it is life changing, its a different outlook on how you see food and what it is their for. First week will be hard but ask anyone it does get easier, you will find something to replace that bordem.
One of the things could be this forum, I find myself keep coming back to see what everyone else has posted lol

In my first week i
1.) cleaned practically everything in sight
2.) walked about 500 miles then about 500 miles more (well a fair few)while everyone else was eating their tea
3.) Spent ages on here reading everyone elses success stories
4.) Generally annoyed all the negative people around me with how positive i was about my new way of life

i am on day 2 by the way

H

Hi Hun and welcome to the forum. I went through everything that you are feeling right now. I constantly asked myself 'is it worth it' but it is. Very much so!

I will be honest with you - the first 2 weeks for me were VERY HARD! But I'm fine now. I'm on week 4, never get hungry, feel really energetic and I've lost 2 stone to date! You can't get better results than that!

Give it you're best shot - try and have a good talking to yourself so that you're attitude becomes more positive (i still do that) but it does work. Write a list of all the reasons you want to do it - Cut out pictures of clothes you would like to wear in the future and stick them on your fridge!

It's so worth it in the end - Good luck and I hope you get the results you want! xx

The adverts and stuff were still there in the mags, on the telly and everywhere else before you started this diet! You must have started for a reason hun, and I dont doubt when you were reading these mags or watching tv you wouldve been putting something in your mouth. So stop reading em if they bother you and turn the telly over. Its what I do....oh and spend a lot of time on here waffling.
Come join us if your bored, dont let your £34 or whatever you paid go to waste. Good luck chick x

boring.......

Hey,

The fact that you are bored just shows u how much u rely on food for entertainment and comfort.

LT is a great opportunity to find new things to cope with dealing with emotions and find new things to do not to get bored.

Stick with it and I would suggest not allowing yourself to think about food. I think walking, having baths, dancing to a CD, do some gardening, anything that keeps u active and keeps u focused on ur goal.

Good Luck
xoxoxoxox

Hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum and good luck on LT.

The first week is the hardest but it does get easier and the results are fantastic - if you stick to it and don't cheat.

I always turned to food before LT, whether I was bored, depressed, any reason at all but I am determined to stick to this. I have to cook for my OH and 3 children and, whilst I admit to finding the smell nice, I can honestly say I have never been tempted to taste. Never thought I'd be able to say that!!!!!

I also don't see why I should cough up £36 each week and then cheat - I'm saving the money I save on food for new clothes!!!

Good luck hun and do whatever you need to to take your mind off food.

x

Just wanted to wish u well with this diet and it does get a lot easier fast. Stay with it and distract urself with exercise.

Hi everyone,

thanks so much for all your support and kick up bum comments, I needed both ;) !

Well I still feel pretty tired, but made the effort to get up and go to pilates this morning, also tried the coffee in choc shake, which has made me feel a lot better as it was hot and comforting. i am getting cold! i guess its a good sign! i turn the heating on, keith turns it off, i turn it on.. and off and on lol. he has started eating when he knows i am busy so i dont look at him drooling like a greedy dog! lol.

i dont actually feel hungry today, just tired, and frustrated that i have so much to do and no energy to do it.
I have fibromyalgia which gives me rheumatic pain and chronic fatigue symptoms, the pharm said i may suffer for a few days till ketones kick in.

I am actually thinking of going to bed with a bottle of water and try and sleep off the tough days, hoping that i should feel better by day 4 tomorrow.

I am very lucky that i get wed, thurs, fri off work and work like a dog sun to tuesday (as a carer, i combine split shifts and night shifts and work about 50-60hrs in 4 days then i can get 3 days off :)) so at least i can sleep this off for a day or two. :)

yesterday to motivate myself, i tried on all my clothes that no longer fit, and saw bulging flab in the mirror, it did the trick, i dont want to look like a weeble anymore.

thanks again everyone and i'll post WI results when i go tues next week.

TTFN

H x

Much better attitude honey! Yay for seeing the positive side of things. Perhaps trying to sleep off the worst of it will do the trick so good luck on that front :) Nice motivational technique too btw, trying on clothes that no longer fit... if I didn't think it'd make me cry I might do that myself lol.

Back