Newbie doing Slimming World at home - does EE work??

chloecat

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my diet on monday. I will be following SW at home as sadly I cannot afford to join a group. I did SW at home before, and managed to lose 3 stone of my 7 stone target on red/green plan, before sadly giving up :sigh:

So I really want to go for it this time as my weight is now holding back my life. I have 6 stone to lose and am very keen to try EE as I struggled sometimes with red/green.

Does it honestly work? It sounds so perfect for me I really hope it is a good plan.

EE is working very nicely for me - not just in terms of weight loss, but in terms of fitting in with my life. I've lost 1st 5lbs in nine weeks, and I can honestly say I've never felt starving or deprived during that time - I'm also eating some really yummy food (the refrain "I can't believe this is diet food!" is often heard in my house, haha).

I've been on diets where I've lost weight faster, I'll admit, but I really feel like this is a way I could eat for the rest of my life - rather than gritting my teeth and looking forward until the diet is over and I could get back to 'normal'! (ie. put the weight all back on, alas!)

Lots of luck with EE!

I think it does hun and my losses are really slow as I have an underactive thyroid so if I can do it then I think most people can. I posted the following in my diary a few days ago:

Inches lost in the past week:

Bust - 0.5"

Waist - 0.5"

Hips - 1"

Thighs - 1.5" EACH!

Inches lost since beginning SW on 06/01/2011:

Bust - 3.5"

Waist - 3.5"

Hips - 3"

Thighs - Unknown as I forgot to measure last time

I've done this by eating curry's (my style but sw friendly), chips, MAHUSIVE roasts, chocolate, ice cream, cakes, kfc style chicken, lamb steaks, cheese on toast, Fish n chips, pizza....basically carb/protein heavan! So what I'm trying to say is if you're having an off day then draw a line under it and start afresh as you will and can do it! Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. xx

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my diet on monday. I will be following SW at home as sadly I cannot afford to join a group. I did SW at home before, and managed to lose 3 stone of my 7 stone target on red/green plan, before sadly giving up :sigh:

So I really want to go for it this time as my weight is now holding back my life. I have 6 stone to lose and am very keen to try EE as I struggled sometimes with red/green.

Does it honestly work? It sounds so perfect for me I really hope it is a good plan.

Can you afford to go to group just once? For £9.95 you can get the up to date books and the new member talk, better than trying to figure things out from out of date info, and probably cheaper and more reliable than buying old books off e-bay. You'll also be able to log on to the full site for a few weeks at least, so a chance to look up some syn values and receipes before your membership expires.

Regular price is £10 joining fee plus £4.95 first session, but its never full price - I know, I take the money every week!

And to answer your question - yes it does work - I've lost 3 1/2 stone and am at target and did extra easy all the way - still do!

Also, with 6 stone to lose you are probably entitled to slimming world on referral vouchers (I was and had less to lose)

Not every area does them - which is totally unfair I know, but if you are lucky you might get up to 24 weeks of slimming world for free.

Talk to your GP/Nurse Practitioner - its the only way you'll find out.

Anyone with a bmi over 30 can ask for vouchers, hope you can get some.
I'm going it alone, but went to meetings last year
Good Luck x x

Back