Newbie doing Slimming World saying hello!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi everyone

I've been a MiniMins snooper for a while and thought that I will officially become a member of this supportive forum now that I have made a choice to focus on my weight and lifestyle.

Erm, little bit about me. I'm 21, I am a university student in my final year (yes, very hectic) and plan to undertake a PGCE this coming September.

The diet I am doing is Slimming World. Why? Because I've done Atkins, I've done calories, I've done all the fad diets and this isn't one of them. It changes how I look at food and honestly works for me. Between Jan 2009 and Oct 2009 I lost under 2 stone taking me from a massive 12st 4lbs (i blame on a stressful first semester at Uni) to 10st 7lbs. Unfortunately, in the last year it has slowly crept back on and now I am 11st 4lbs. According to my Wii Fit, I need to lose 18lbs in order for my BMI to be at a 'healthy' level. Plus 10 stone has a nice ring to it dontcha think? :D

So from today, Jan 22nd, I am sticking to my diet and I am going to lose that 18lbs. I don't know how long it will take me. I'm not going to push myself. 1-2lb a week seems healthy and as long as I'm ready for Summer then I will be happy :)

Further to the new year/new start reason, I recently split up with a boyfriend who meant alot to me. I think thats what has urged me to join a group such as this because I really think the support you guys offer is remarkable and I would love to be a part of that. And I guess a diet is something I need to do and sticking to it 100% will take my mind off everything else.

Hope to speak to you all soon. Don't hesitate to message me or let me know how all your diets are going? Anyone else balancing dieting and Uni life, would be good to hear from you!

Much love,
Danni

Hi, just wanted to welcome u to minimins, and sw of course, and to wish you well with your weight loss journey xx

Thank you skinnydawn :) it is much appriecated!
XX

Pleasure! Afraid I'm a bit rusty on the sw plans as I've only been on them for a couple of weeks (when I was last on it u just did red and green days) but there are some really experienced dieters on here who are only too willing to share advice, tips, or just a shoulder to cry on! I'm on here most nights looking for inspiration and trying to take my mind off food lol! Feel free to chat any time xx

Hi hun :)

Good luck with your journey! I'm also on SW and I love it! If you need any help or just a chat then just message :)

Everyone on here is lovely, and make sure you have a good nose around the slimming world section as it's jam packed with things.

Enjoy xxx

Hi all!
I started Slimming World last week. I've tried every other diet and I'm really hoping this one works. Most people seem to be able to stick to this one.
Previous to slimming world I did the Cambridge diet and lost 4stone in just over 12 weeks. I had a fab councilor but unfortunately I couldn't sustain the regime which resulted in a weight gain of over 5 stone ?

It was soo depressing. Now I am just aiming to eat healthily and expect to shed a bit of flab along the way! Must say though, with the amount of free food on SW, I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all !!

Sue ?

Hi Danni, I empathise with your situation. I just re-joined university as a mature student, and found the first term such a shock to the system and managed to put on 1.5stone. I have since lost it between 13th Dec and now, but I'm still over 14stone, and would like to get down to at least 11. I'm going to the gym and getting fitter, as that's really important to me. Wishing you all the best for your weight loss journey, I'm sure you'll do great, as you head seem to be in the right space for it :)

V

hey guys all the best for the new year to all of u.... i'm new aswell tried sw twice in the past with no joy but to be fair i wasnt giving it my all but now im bang on it lol........... unfortunately i can rejoin a group just yet so i'm gonna start from scratch with everything i was told when i joined previously and i'm gonna re read all my books..... this site seem perfect for tips and support so i know this time i will defo succeed........ does anyone think EE is easier than red-green days?? xoxoxo love mali

hey guys all the best for the new year to all of u.... i'm new aswell tried sw twice in the past with no joy but to be fair i wasnt giving it my all but now im bang on it lol........... unfortunately i can rejoin a group just yet so i'm gonna start from scratch with everything i was told when i joined previously and i'm gonna re read all my books..... this site seem perfect for tips and support so i know this time i will defo succeed........ does anyone think EE is easier than red-green days?? xoxoxo love mali

Hi Hun!

I have only ever done EE on SW, and from going to group and listening to everyones opinions I find the majority prefere EE. Even the ones who have done Red/Green previously.
The freedom is amazing! And it teaches you how to prepare proper wholesome meals!
You can do Red, Green or EE... just choose the day depending on your mood that morning :)

Good Luck!!

i totally agree just needed to hear what u just said lol..... also i cant stand vegetables so doing EE will encourage me to eat healthier.... i need to take some time tonight and properly sort of my healthy extras and what im allowed to snack on.... will be a nightmare as i've been moving all week and my books are still burried somewhere in boxes :(
xooxoxo feel free to drop me some free snak ideas miniV xxxx

Well I snack on fruit most of the day.... My desk constantly has some form of fruit on it.
And I also snack on low syn food... I keep a pack of "cheese Thins" in my draw, they are 1syn each, so a couple every now and then arent bad.
Also, Muller Light yogurts are free. So grab one and chop some fruit up in to it! Yum.
Ummm, I also snack on crab sticks.... (not many people can stand them.....fishy water is how my other half describes them... lol)

Thats all I can think of now lol
Message me if you got any questions xxx

right! thats me hitting the shop for some cheese thins lol i dont mind the crab i'll give it a go and i can do fruit but i absolutely detest yogurt lol... i cant wait till i have enough post to be allowed to send private messages.... thanks for everything and pls pls keep an eye out for me :( xoxoooxoxoxoxo

I'm a week old SWmember. Finding it a wee bit hard as I have to cut down the things I eat most (bread, cheese, Milk!). Thought I'd lost 4 lbs this week so far but checked today and back up again. Not sure if summin is wrong or if it's a blip!

ANyway, i hope you find it easier than I. Maybe check in on you from time to time. I don't know anyone else on this diet so far.

Leece
xxx

Hiya! Welcome! I'm fairly new to this forum too. It's jam packed full of advice, hints & tips and lovely recipes and everyone seems so friendly and supportive. I'm also doing Slimming World - im in my third week now. It doesn't feel like a diet at all! It's amazing! :)

Hi and welcome! I'm new too... The best advice I've picked up is to make sure you measure ur healthy extras. I have my milk poured into a beaker with a screw top lid which I take to work, and as i eat breakfast at my desk I weigh this at home and pop it in a container. I know this sounds a bit anal (!) but if I'm gonna accrue hidden syns I'd rather they werent on boring stuff like cereal and milk! Other than that I've been cooking lots on a wknd and freezing it so I don't have the dilemma of what to eat when I get home from work-all my will power goes to pot when I'm ravenous!!!
Best of luck to you, look forward to hearing how you get on xxx

Hi and welcome to sw diet!

I started the diet in June weighing 10.5 at 5'3 and a bit i was overweight

Within a month i had lost 12lbs and by miles august i had reached my 9 stone target

I then got weighed after xmas and was 5lb extra ekkkkk I've now lowered my target to 8,3 im currently 8'13.

Its a fabulous way of life not a diet I eat so much more healthier and when i do have a treat i know when to stop!! if i can help none ill be happy to x

I'm a week old SWmember. Finding it a wee bit hard as I have to cut down the things I eat most (bread, cheese, Milk!). Thought I'd lost 4 lbs this week so far but checked today and back up again. Not sure if summin is wrong or if it's a blip!

ANyway, i hope you find it easier than I. Maybe check in on you from time to time. I don't know anyone else on this diet so far.

Leece
xxx

My best tip - Dont Weigh Yourself!
You'll get lost in the world of scales. Best bet is to just leave weighing until Weigh in! xx

Welcome to SW! I've only just started myself but finding it really good so far.
My easy snack/lunches when in a rush would be most mugshots and dried pasta snacks, many are free on EE but double check! Shame you hate yoghurt because I've been inhaling muller lights :)
Bananas and all fruit are free and easy, I also love snackajacks but some people think they taste like cardboard. The huge caramel ones are 2 1/2 syns, but are yum, the salt and vinegar ones are fab too. A good substitute if you're a crisp lover.
Best of luck, everyone on here is lovely :D

you're so right everyone on here is soooooooo lovely.... i love bananas so thats easy and yes i agree it tastes alot like cardboard so i think i'll stick to fruit.... lucky for me dried noodles are free cus i love it and its filling.... thanks much for your tips....fat is a thing of the past :) oh happy daysssss xoxoxoxo

Back