Newbie Fatty needs motivation! :(

Tracy you have done sooooo well xxx

Naz you do so well to go to the gym xxxx

wow tracy!!! that is amazing! what an inspiration! I am just really struggling...yes i agree i feel i eat too less...but i find when i eat more...i dont lose anything for weeks?? my body is so messed up at the moment... ive trialed it out and done 2 weeks full of 1400cals...exercised almost everyday including swimming...and stayed the same weight for 2 weeks! Tracy if you dont mind me asking...how long did it take to lose that much?

Nas999 said:
wow tracy!!! that is amazing! what an inspiration! I am just really struggling...yes i agree i feel i eat too less...but i find when i eat more...i dont lose anything for weeks?? my body is so messed up at the moment... ive trialed it out and done 2 weeks full of 1400cals...exercised almost everyday including swimming...and stayed the same weight for 2 weeks! Tracy if you dont mind me asking...how long did it take to lose that much?

Thank you very much! :) It took me two years to lose the bulk of it - fairly steady, but that's supposed to be the best way, lol. Have you recently started exercising? That could be one reason why you're weight hasn't moved much, as exercise tends to add some water weight. Plus at 1,400 calories your body is likely to be hanging onto its reserves, as it's very low, especially with exercise. It would be worth trying to up your intake. Obviously I can only speak from personal experience and what I've read over the last few years - we all have to find out what works for us personally! :) xx

Honestly sometimes i could sit and sob! i try so hard and more so after what has happened with my miscarriage.

I have 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk for breakfast which is around 209cals.

for lunch ive been having soup and some ryvitta crackerbreads which totals around 250cals.

i have 2 pieces of fruit and sometimes a pack of french fries crisps as a treat (83cals). no cakes no other crisps no biccies and no full fat soft drinks!!!!!

Dinner is usually chicken stir frys or something healthy at least... i do sometimes eat upto 1400cals.

So...ive taken your advice tracy and checked my BMR which should be 2033cals to.maintain current weight... so my question lol....

Do you think i should be reducing 2033cals recommended by 500 and eat 1500-1700cals a day from your experience?

Also for the water weight i have read about water balance tabs and have bought some but dont know how good they are to be honest.

Gosh this weight loss bloody takes over your life!!

Honestly sometimes i could sit and sob! i try so hard and more so after what has happened with my miscarriage.

I have 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk for breakfast which is around 209cals.

for lunch ive been having soup and some ryvitta crackerbreads which totals around 250cals.

i have 2 pieces of fruit and sometimes a pack of french fries crisps as a treat (83cals). no cakes no other crisps no biccies and no full fat soft drinks!!!!!

Dinner is usually chicken stir frys or something healthy at least... i do sometimes eat upto 1400cals.

So...ive taken your advice tracy and checked my BMR which should be 2033cals to.maintain current weight... so my question lol....

Do you think i should be reducing 2033cals recommended by 500 and eat 1500-1700cals a day from your experience?

Also for the water weight i have read about water balance tabs and have bought some but dont know how good they are to be honest.

Gosh this weight loss bloody takes over your life!!

Is the 2,033 your BMR or your TDEE? Your BMR is what your body needs to survive, basically if you were in a coma. TDEE is the one that takes into account your activity level. What I go by is to eat your BMR, so you would eat 2,000 a day to start with. If your body thinks it's being starved it won't want to give up its fat reserves, lol. :) xx

I agree with tracy, you need to eat enough calories that your body dosent hold on to fat if your eating less calories than you should.try it for a week and see the difference.xx

Yes the 2033 is my BMR...calculated this yesterday. i will probably start on at least 1800cals from.next week and see how i go.... could never understand why i wasnt losing anything on 1200 as you always get told...eat less. .workout more and you will lose!! So i will do that and see how that goes! x

It'a certainly worth a try - as I said, I can only speak for what has worked well for me, and also for other people I know on here. :) xx

I love this site there so many knowledgeable people on it and people (like tracy) who know what works. Good luck with upping you cals hun.

take care guys xxx

hey rani...im doing okayish...Started on monday and weighed on sat and about 3lb down... that made me happy

Had a breakdown today where i just sobbed so much just thinking about baby...in 6weeks from now should have been my due date.

How you doing?

Hi Nas,

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Reading what you have posted, your calorific intake seems extremely low. Had your dietician endorsed this at all?
Someone had also commented on this earlier on in the thread but if you do pitch your calorie intake too low, your body will start running in famine mode and you will find it a lot harder to lose weight on a permanent basis because as soon as you adjust your eating habits when you have reached your goal, your body may begin to increase fat reserves in case you go on another famine cycle again.

It may be worth looking at tuning your metabolic rate so you run through calories faster. Smaller, lighter meals at frequent intervals may help in addition to what some people term "smart foods" (also known as Speed/Super-Speed foods in SW) to actually kick your metabolism into overdrive.

Weight loss is mostly about the food you eat but if you are looking at doing exercise as well, you will need to take this into account when planning your food intake.
Pushing yourself too hard, too fast can have very dangerous consequences in some extreme consequences and I have unfortunately seen this happen and several people pass out at my Gym before being permanently banned.

Despite this, done safely, you can have an extremely productive, happy and long-lasting slimming journey.

Remember that you have this brilliant forum for support and tips, especially if you find you are flagging and feel like you have hit a wall.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to PM me if you would like any help :D

Thank you ladies for all the support.

Phoenix....Thank you for your lovely message too. I know my intake is really low and i think thats been the major cause of not losing weight. I asked to be referred to a Dietician and it made me more upset to be honest. I told her what I was eating and she said whilst looking at me up and down.... "well theres no reason why you shouldnt be losing weight if youre only truly having 1200 calories...". This is despite her saying I should still lose even if i ate 1800! She calculated that infront of me!

Am good nas thanks. Sorry abt ur baby. If you dont mind can i ask what happened and how far were you? Hope ur okay.xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Good to hear you're well Rani...have you had a weigh.in this week? how did you do?

Don't really know where to start explaining rani...everything within pregnancy was fine...was 15...almost 16 weeks in.... just had intermittent bleeds from 5wk mark but all okay on scans... just that night went up as usual to have a shower before bed...went loo and sac just came out.... went hosp and could feel what i thought was a clot...only to find when i was taken to the ward 2 hrs later... whilst giving a urine sample it was my baby that just came out on the hospital ward toilets...it was horrific... they think its a cervical incompetence but cant be sure... they sent placenta off for examination....and now they cant trace it in the labs...i had a d&c done to remove retained pregnancy products....weve had a burial for our baby... i bled for 10 weeks post miscarriage and had to go through so many internals and tests...just got fed up... my weight loss journey commenced because i dont want to feel that im causing risk to my baby being 20stone with an already large belly!

Nas :hug:

im so sorry for your loss. Your baby is so very wonderful and it's perfectly normal and loving of you to mourn him/her.

just to reassure you: the same awful thing happened to me when I was a size 12 and healthy weight (I'm now obese but that's another matter) so it's not your body that caused the miscarriage.
It wasn't your fault sweetheart.
it was an awful horrible event that no one can explain (I found the lack of explanation very very hard)
My baby would have been born around 12th December and even ten years on I still remember my little Lisa. I made a little remembrance garden for her and that helped me a lot.

pls don't punish yourself

wanting to be a healthy weight is wonderful and I'll be the first to cheer you along. Go slowly, focus on health, choose a way of life you can maintain.

big hugs

Back