Newbie- first class 2moro, very nervous but very excited ;)

Frillynickers

Well have finally decided to take the plunge and join SW tomorrow. I have tried weight watchers I'n the past but don't want to go back for the 3rd time to the same leader.

Anyhoo have seen a few things recently advertising SW and theres one near where I live I'n St Johns GAA. Not really sure what to expect. Really want to loose the weight for good this time and actually reach my goal this time. I turned 30 I'n December and don't want to be this weight for the rest of my life. Also would like to start a family soon and would love to loose the weight before then.

Any tips or advice?

Welcome to slimming world!

My top three tips would be:

1) Don't weigh in at home during the week unless you are happy to disregard the results. This causes so many people so much unwarranted worry that it's not worth it!

2) Plan your meals in advance and shop online if you can to avoid temptation at the supermarket. You'll ask need to shop around to get the best bargains if you want to keep sw as cheap as possible

3) Set realistic goals for yourself. Yes, losing 3lbs a week is amazing but it's not sustainable. Try and adopt the atitude of a loss is a loss no matter how small it is. I always fall down on this one so if you can do it hats off to you!

Good luck at group!

Good luck - SW is by far the best plan to suit life in my opinion. It's only ever been me that lets the plan down rather than the other way round. My advice - keep things varied, look for different recipes and make sure you stick some meals in the freezer for when you're having those lazy nights (these have been my biggest problem in putting on weight, can't be bothered so order takeaway leads to a week of takeaway and feeling depressed etc). Believe in the plan and you'll do great :) let us know how you get on x

That's girls, great advice. I know ww is very different to SW ( so I'm told).

I'm exactly the same re the lazy days head straight for a take away. My husband is a late night snacker too which is a nightmare because he makes enough for two and I eat it because it's in front of me

TBH i think the new WW system is quite similar to SW, it's just that with SW there's no weighing which made it an awful lot easier to my mind :)

Just concentrate on asking if you're hungry, and make sure to drink lots of water too - that's often half the problem. Pasta is a great quick and easy meal for when we can't be bothered - it's breaking those habits which will make things work. You will find that SW adjusts the way you do things daily though - that's what will make the weight stay off forever. We only ever cook with frylight now, our bolognaise is always done to be sw free, same with the lasagne - we cook from fresh more often than having anything processed or from the freezer x

You'll do great x

Good luck!! you will love it xxx

Back