Newbie - hello everyone!

Morning all,

Well I lost 1 lb yesterday evening. That's 1 stone 3 1/2 lbs gone now. Happy enough that it's a pound I've lost, but really wish I could lose more than 1 lb at a time. It's been 1 lb every week for the last few weeks and I know a pound is a pound and all that, but there are a good few others who are losing more a week than me and have much less to lose... This always happens to me whenever I start dieting/healthy eating and I think that it'll take me forever to get to a decent healthy weight and I just give up. This time I'm determined to stick at it and so just have to cop myself on and be happy that I'm losing every week and not staying the same or gaining.

Anyway enough moaning - hope ye're all doing well and had a good week?

DON'T GIVE UP!

No matter how hard it gets, don't let yourself fall back into old habits. 1lb x 52 = 3st 10lbs in a year. Don't concern yourself with how others are getting on, because you're all losing and that's what matters. ;)

Jamesie is spot on, love - those pounds add up, and they are pounds coming off that you won't see again!

Put 3lbs of butter out on your kitchen counter and eyeball them - that's a lot of weight coming off - and coming off consistently xxx

Thanks guys - ye're right - at least it's coming off!

Jamesie - you're right - everyone's different and I should look at the bigger (pardon the pun!) picture; 1 lb a week does add up to a lot over time.

Ladyfelsham - I actually went out to the fridge and took out tubs of butter, then to the cupboards and took out sugar, flour, coffee, etc. until I had 17 lbs or thereabouts on it and you know what? There were a lot of things on that table. I put them into a shopping bag and lifted it and it was heavy and that's what I've lost and was carrying around on me and now it's gone!

I feel lighter now and not just in the physical way either!

Thanks guys x

When you have a bit to lose its easier to get disheartened but 1lb a time is a healthy loss and is more likely to stay off. You've done so well, have you been doing measurement's too? Those pounds will equal inches off too hun. Good luck :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It definitely is :) It's much more sustainable that way than a massive drop. Well done hun - it's better coming off than a STS or gain! :)

Thanks guys!!

It's great being able to come on here and chat to people who understand where I'm coming from!!

Lost 2 lb last night, so feeling better :)

1 1/2 lb to my 1 1/2 stone award so fingers crossed I've have that under my belt soon :fingerscrossed:

Now, how is everyone else doing? Hope ye're all having a good week and looking forward to the weekend!!!

Morning all, well I lost 4 1/2 lbs last night:scale: and got SOTW too!! :wee: Was absolutely delighted if unsure as to where it came from - was hoping for 1 1/2 to 2 lbs! There were a few others of us who had bigger than usual losses too and the consultant had moved the scales from one side of the room to the other so maybe that was a factor, although others seemed to have lost about the same as they had other weeks. Who knows... :thinking2:..... Anyway, not going to complain and am well happy to take this result as it was a major boost to the ego and the scales will be staying there so should be ok in the coming weeks! Joining the gym tomorrow morning too so will be interesting to see how I get on with that. Am nervous of it to be honest as I am sooooooo unfit and I know I will feel very self-conscious in there, especially when doing my 1 to 1 with the fitness instructor but I guess everyone there is there for either losing weight, toning up or keeping fit and that so I know I shouldn't feel like that and hopefully once I get settled I'll be fine.

You know what, I came home last night and I was just so happy. A couple of weeks ago I was struggling a bit (as ye will remember and I got great support and morale boosting from you guys on here :thankyou:. And now I really feel like this time I'm going to do it. I really enjoy SW and my group and I'm even going to be going to the gym and exercising. My SW consultant is so lovely. She's genuine, sincere and fun and texts us and rings us from time to time and is great on our group facebook page. She made SW chips for us a couple of weeks back as quite a lot of us had never made them and last night as it was the start of the Christmas countdown and we were doing up our Christmas wishes she made us mulled wine (minus the wine - a.k.a. Christmas punch) and it was just lovely and the group are so nice too. Really feel that with my determination, the great support of my consultant and the others at group and all the great support of everyone on here I might just actually do it....

Anyway that's enough of my long-windedness. Thanks folks. Hope ye've all had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. x

Well done lovely :) And HUGE good luck too for the gym - that's a hell of a huge step forward from how yuou were feeling :) xx

Well done on your weight loss and getting Slimmer of the Week! :clap: Always a bit of a boost to get that. Sounds like it was well-deserved too.

And hope all went well at the gym. I'm not brave enough to sign up yet - I know I'd find it too easy to chicken out of going!

Thanks folks, yes, it's a huge turnaround from where I was feeling and I was near giving up again but with the support from here I didn't and I stayed on plan. That's where I would have failed before but now hopefully not this time...... Thanks again :bighug: It's great to have others who understand how we're feeling, where we're coming from and where we want to go....

The gym went well. I had my one-to-one yesterday morning and got my plan all done up for me. So I did the workout and went again this morning. It was nice and quite early in the mornings with not even 10 other people in the gym too. I was really nervous going and that but everyone is there to get healthier. I put myself down for three days a week and the fitness instructor will check back in with me in two weeks' time. I need a bit of routine really so this way I know I have to go!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I'd chicken out too Jazz!!!!!! I looked around me today while I was on the treadmill (get me!!! :whacky068:) and saw that the other members were all looking at the tvs on the machines or listening to their music or whatever and focussed on themselves and what they're doing and probably not all that concerned about me.... Anyway let's hope my motivation sticks with me now!! Hope everyone has a good week xx

Gla the gym went well - that's often the hardest bit - just getting inside the door. Like you said - everyone's there for the reason of bettering themselves and like you say are focused on what THEY are doing and probably didn't even see you! :)

Well done hun!

well done on the gym x x x

Back