NEWBIE HERE. think im doing this wrong

Tishywoo

Hi everyone.

I am new to this and I joined SW on Tues Evening but i am sure im doing something wrong as i dont feel like i am on a diet... I am eating more than i would have normally, just not crisps, chocolate and rubbish.

I am dreading Tuesday because i cannot see how i am going to lose weight whilst eating so much.

Has anyone else felt like this on starting or is it just that i am doing something wrong.

Thanks everyon

This is perfectly normal Hun. Just continue to read your books, follow the plan 100% and you will be surprised come next weigh in.
Welcome and good luck!
The best thing about SW is that you can eat when you want and still loose weight!

x

EVERYONE feels like that the first week or two. You can eat so much that it cant possibly be a diet, right?

But it is, and its a VERY good way to show how just subtle changes in the way we eat can make a massive significant difference to our weight and our overall health.

If you arent sure that you are "getting it right", start a food diary in the food diary section and people can help you to make sure you are getting the balance right, but the results WILL speak for themselves.

Congrats on picking an awesome way to lose weight healthily and safely!

I nearly made myself a badge for work, because they know I do SW and can't believe I can eat as much as I do and lose weight.

I love SW!

Loads of people at group say that they eat more than they ever did - it's just more healthy and balanced. One girl this week was really worried about her first week, and she lost 8lbs. Not everyone gets such big losses in the first week, but some do even though they're eating more :) x

I've been doing SW for two (almost three) weeks now and I certainly eat more than I ever did! But I have lost weight. It's amazing really, but making the right choices and ditching the junk really does pay off.

I bet you'll be really surprised come WI day. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do,

ZXXXXXXXXX

Hey, just echoing what others say! I lot 2lb on my first week and ws gobsmacked! even my husband was shocked a the amount I had been eating! the 2nd and third week I was abit naughty, involving chocolate countain and choccy cake ;0) I still lost but a less amount 1lb and 1/2lb. This week I have been quite good (my 4th week) WI is tues so crossing my fingers!!

Good luck!

I've been doing this for about 6 weeks now, joined group for 3 and I still think I'm going to have a gain when I get on the scales. I eat way more than I used to, but like others have said, it's not junk food. I eat little and regularly now and I'm still dropping the pounds, I love it :D

It is indeed a fab diet plan. Doesn't feel like a 'diet' at all. You can see how you could eat like this for life - it's that easy. I went to weight watchers for four months last year and lost two stone. I came off plan though when I went into hospital for a major op, and ended up putting almost all the weight back on. The problem was I had felt deprived whilst on plan so went mad when I came off. Don't feel at all deprived on SW though! It's fab!

ZXXXXXXX

hi there,
i joined on tues night too and i feel exactly the same as you, infact im so tempted to weigh myself but i know that if i see a gain ill just stop plan and not go back so im resisting!!
are you doing ee? i posted a food diary ti ask for advice but havnt had any replies yet but still hoping for some:):)
keep on going and let us know how you do

Jo x

Hi Josie, just spotted this post, and went hunting for your food diary, it had slipped onto the second page of diaries :)

Have replied to it!

Just goes to show it's not how much you eat, but what you eat.

Hi to everyone who answered my thread.. a big thank you.

I am anxiously waiting for the first WI tomorrow night (Tues). I have got rid of my own scales as I know i tend to be on them everytime i pass the bathroom.... and it would put me on a downer if i have put on..

i am just hoping anf keeping my fingers crossed that I have lost ----- ive followed everything i should be doing and i am personally responsible for any fruit or tomato shortages hahahaah

seriously i am really worried about tomorrow night but will have to wait and see what happens

thanks again

Tishy

Hey Tishy,
I've got everything crossed for you. Make sure you let us know how you get on. Just a suggestion - try not to put too much emphasis on the number on the scale from week to week though. One girl this week at our class lost 1lb in her first week, but decided to stick with it, and lost 9lbs in her second week :) sometimes our bodies are strange, but following SW WILL get results (and it's so much fun).
I'll be checking back after tomorrow night x

Hey Tishy, I felt like you the first time i tried this diet. My friends kept going on and on about SW and how they could eat loads and i just thought 'how on earth can you lose weight eating so much?' But thought well what have i got to lose? Tried the diet for the first week and tested the 'eat as much of the free foods as you like rule.......in for a penny in for a pound, and i just didn't believe you could eat so much and still lose. However in my first week i lost 7lbs!!! I nearly fainted in shock!! How could i lose 7lbs and have eaten so much!? But as some of the others have said - its not how much you eat, but the food choices you make. Stick with it, i'm sure you'll see a reduction at WI. GOOD LUCK!!

hi i also joined last tuesday and im really nervous as i dont think i will lose, i dont feel like i have but i have stuck to the plan 100%.

Im really getting into this now, just trying to sort my ticker thing out but not sure it has worked!!!!!!!! not the worlds greatest with technology...

my fav treat is meringue nest with chopped banana on and topped with either Total Greek Yog 0% or a muller light yog.... yummy yummy and i feel so guilty for enjoying it hahaha

i am getting all nervy about my WI tomoz night but fingers crossed i will have lost something.. will let you all know...

Tishy

YAYYYYYYY :D:D:D:D

I have lost 5lb,........ cannot believe it and my husband said to me before i went for WI... dont get your hopes up because you have eaten more this week than you normally eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I DID IT....

now concentrate on this week......

thanks everyone for encouraging me...

;):D:D

Back