newbie here

Hi i have been a "silent" member on here for at least a year.....just worked out how to log on.
I have tryed and failed the cambridge plan several times i never get past 5pm and give in to "food"
i lost 5 stone a few years ago with the help of "reductil" from my gp,i have since put the weight back on and cannot take the tablet due to high blood pressure.

Any hints to get me through today being day one would be great!!!!!:)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, this forum is a good place to be for support and to get you through the first days, a few tips I've picked up, or use myself are;

1. set mini goals i.e. get through day 1, get through week 1, loose a stone, go down a dress size etc.
2. set milestone goals i.e. loose 2 stone by wedding in November, or 4 stone by Christmas
3. if you feel you need more than 3/4 packs a day then split your packs in half so you can eat more frequently but are still having the correct amount
4. water water water, nice regular sips from your 2.25-4 litres of water do keep the hunger pangs away
5. post if you need help
6. paint your toe-nails (it's a distraction) and have a bath - though possibly the other way round

we're all here for you, we've all been through it and know it isn't the easiest thing in the world, but I'm sure that you'll suceed!

Good Luck and welcome once more

x

hello and welcome. You've already said that 5pm is your trigger moment when you 'give in' . Now you need something to fill this time slot with. Even if you go and buy yourself loads of magazines or something that interest you or go and have a bath or something that completly distracts you from food. This will help you not think of 5pm as eating time.
Another thing to focus on is your weigh in. Think how great you will feel having a nice big loss and focus on it day by day.
Good luck on cd , hopefully see you around some more.
Hope I have helped
Lou

Hello and welcome,

I couldn't agree more with the advice already posted. I had to split my shakes first time round just to get through the first 4 days. 5pm is the trigger, perhaps go for a walk, you need to plan something to do that will keep you away from food.

Keep us posted on how its going.

Good Luck and here's to the new slimmer you!

HELLO there,. welcome, can i just maybe give some advice? if you are hungry after 5.00 maybe you could try splitting up your products during the day and having them spread over the day rather than just 3 times a day? does that make sense? you could water down half a brik twice a day maybe and save the other half till after 5, or you could do this when you mix up your shakes ? it works for me and maybe it can work for you too !sometimes I use half a sachet and lots of water, and then whisk. yes it tastes a little weaker, but its another way of increasing your water intake also and this should make you feel less hungry.If i really crave for something to chew, i just reach for a few slices of cucumber and this has not affected my weight loss. if you can get over this I am sure that after a few days you will 'train' yourself .good luck with it, i hope this advice makes sense and helps you on your journey

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLYS,SO PLEASED I CAN FINALLY LOG IN!!!!I FEEL FOCUSED TODAY AND AM DOING WELL SO FAR.I FLY TO SEE MY MUM IN CYPRUS FOR TWO WEEKS HOLIDAY NEXT WEDNESDAY SO HOPE TO DO WELL AND CONTINUE TO DO PLAN WHILST IM THERE....I WAS GOING TO "leave" THE PLAN UNTILL I RETURNED BUT IM FED UP WITH EXCUSES...THANKYOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLYS....AT TIMES IT CAN BE VERY ALONE IN THE "DIET" WORLD BUT BY BEING ABLE TO CONTACT PEOPLE HERE IM SURE IT WILL BE COMFORTING AND I WONT BE ALONE XXX

Hey Fanaloulou I spent my third week in spain with family, and managed to ss 100% you too can do it!

wow what inspiration to stay focused on holiday.....i hope to do the same.can anyone tell me how to set up a ticker please!!!! :confused:

Hi Fanaloulou - you can always join the thread posted by me (I did it - second day 100% SS) there are a load of us on there and we are taking SS day by day. Great to log onto when you need some encouragement daily??? x

just search ticker factory in a serach engine and go from there, there is a tutorial section on here too, post if you have issues but they are nice and easy to do x

Welcome, you've come to the right place to be inspired and supported! Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging and full of tips as you've already discovered:) 5pm is my danger time too - I either have a savoury drink then or try and keep my lunch until that time. If I'm ever feeling a bit hungry I take a few big glugs from my 1litre water bottle and go and do something different to take my mind off it! Good luck with CD:)

my critical time is here....the 5pm zone just gulped loads of water i have a bad headache today....is the first 3 days the hardest???? i feel so hungry but im not giving in this time....i cannot go on any longer...tomorrow never comes....tomorrow has to be "TODAY"....

the first few days whilst you're going into ketosis are pretty tough, but you can do it! you'll be fine, just keep sipping and posting x

Thankyou the headache is passing....im still sipping.i just keep thinking that food is not making me happy because i eat to much and as a result im overweight...i had become so desperate that i went to london a few weeks ago to see if i could have a gastric band...to cut a long story short i couldnt finance the operation so never went ahead...also i know i was looking for an "easy way out".cambridge is my only hope as other diets i have tryed have always failed (on my part) i know with this plan cambridge gives results fast and reading everyones posts daily which i have been proves this does work!!!!!

it can work for you too, have a look bck through the posts and see how much people can loose, you'll be fine

x

hello
and welcome 8oclock used to be my crunch time so i used to save a porridge for then
this sight is great for keeping you going in the low/ desperate moments
good luck x

Hello!

Hope you have kept the food demons at bay so far. You seem to be very determind this time to do the diet which is great. Your mind has to be in the right place. you will do it this time XXXXX

yayyyyy ive done it day one nearly complete......had my last pack which was a porridge about ten mins ago so im ok.Bath and early night then....im so pleased....my headache has come back......does anyone know if my weightloss will be affected by having 3 shakes,protein meal and 1/2 pint ss milk just that today ive only had 3 shakes plus ss milk meant to have 4 shakes....any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Back