newbie here :)

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
hey all, im gina, im 20, 21 in 2 weeks... noooo!

joined this forum on tips to lose weight :)

Hi Gina, welcome. Are you following any particular diet plan?

just eatuing healthy, cutting out the junk and going to the gym. im currently doing 6 days a week at the gym and roughly 10 - 12 hours a a week.... its been hard work but ive lost almost a stone in 3 monthes!

hi and :welcome: to the forums. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Sharkbait1983 x

:) thanks guys, i need that bit of extra help! im struggling to lose it now :(

i want to gain alot of muscle too, so whilst i want to be a certain size, ill have the weight of the muscle there, when i saw muscle im talking six pack, smallish but not too big muscles in the biceps, and my legs are already mainly muscle due to gym classes and 6 years of dance classes :) so my aim is to be super slim, but muscly at the same time! (possible?) ive got a gym induction today so all the goals will be discussed with them :)

it seems extreme i know, but its the weight i was at 18, it didnt look too skinny though
ive seen firsthand what happenes when you go too far with weight loss, my best friend in high school suffered with anorexia, she got that bad that she just looked like a walking skeleton, it was horrible to see her doign that to hersefl, thankfully shes back to health now :)

Last edited:
:welcome: to the Minimins- good luck with you weight loss

Ourlad
:)

Hi and welcome! I too am aiming for a fairly low bmi. Be careful, and be prepared to stop sooner if you have to. Its far more important to be healthy!

:welcome2: to the forums hun! Hope you manage to find lots of tips and inspiration on here!
There's nowt wrong with being 21 either so don't say noooooo! ;) Haha! :D

Hi and welcome! I too am aiming for a fairly low bmi. Be careful, and be prepared to stop sooner if you have to. Its far more important to be healthy!

im prepared to stop as soon as i can get intoa size 6! :D just been gym now

IreneH: no one mentions it really :)

Hi I'm brand new here. Loads of intersting diaries and sources of motivation. Don't be too preoccupied with bmi. If you are doing your work right in the gym, you could actualy stay the same weight and continue to improve the way you look just by trading fat for muscle, which is what happens when you use weights regularly. It's the way you look in the mirror that truly measures the rewards for your effort in the kitchen and the gym. A person with a body fat percentage of 22% will look nowhere near as good as a person of the same bmi who has 17% body fat. Same bmi, different look, different waist size. Love the way you look not what the numbers are telling you.

Hi, how your body was when you were 18, will be totally different what you are at the age now..what you hope to achieve may not suit when your nearing 30.. im 30 and when i was 18 i was size 8...when i was 22 i was 10, i hope to get back to that size, but as for my body getting back to the shape and the way it was back then will never happen,no matter how much we have to loose...as we age our bodies transform dramatically.

good luck!! :D

it'd be interesting to know what my muscle mass is actually...

yep age made me 2 stone heavier... :(

I'd recommend going to a dietician or a doctor to see what their opinion is on a healthy weight for you. That way you can be assured that you're being healthy and not setting yourself an unachievable goal :)

You said you're in need of some help. Could you post an example of what you eat on a day? Maybe we can help see if you're going wrong anywhere

I'd recommend going to a dietician or a doctor to see what their opinion is on a healthy weight for you. That way you can be assured that you're being healthy and not setting yourself an unachievable goal :)

You said you're in need of some help. Could you post an example of what you eat on a day? Maybe we can help see if you're going wrong anywhere

breakfast: bowl of alpen (sugar free one) or if in a rush an alpen light ceral bar and banana

snacks: alpan light cereal bar

dinner: chicken sandwhich (the can teen at work usually sells em)

tea: usually a stir fry or soup

snack: cereal bar or Weight watchers youghurt

if i have anythign to drink its either a bottle of tap water or a flavoured water

theres an 8/9 hour gap between my dinner and tea though as im at the gym straight after work

ever since i was younger my appetite has always been very little though, it dosent take alot off ood to fill me, i struggle to eat a full meal!

add the bits of fruit too but only when i have it in the house, it goes very quickly!!

sorry if my typo is bad, im not a good speller

Last edited:
so far so good! :D another lb of weight since, my clothes feel looser (even my new ones...!)

ill be having a naughty weekend this week, as its my birthday and i cant get away from the ckaes and gatoes (sp?) at work, and the birthday meal is curry.... but ill be training hard friday night, saturday (my bday!) and then on sunday im doing a sponsered sports event inc body attack, circuits and a 3 mile run. sooo exited for sunday!

Back