Newbie here!!

Taff Lass

Hi everyone, my name is Janine and I just wanted to say hi:)

I have known for ages I needed to lose weight. This will probably be my 5th or 6th attempt at dieting in the last 4 years. I am somewhat a yoyo dieter. I really get into it the first few weeks, start seeing results, but somehow always end up slipping back into bad habbits. Buying take aways, eating chocolate and the amount of coke I drank was ridiculous. Ive had 4 children very close together all under the ages of 8 here, the youngest is 20 months. I usually lose a few pounds only to put it back on, usually with a few more added on.

Well Ive decided 2012 is going to be my year, I have a holiday booked for late in the summer and I will be slim to go. I started dieting straight after new year and managed to lose 4lbs on my own and last week attended slimming world and lost 5 1/2 lbs in my first week. So far so good. I know it wont be plain sailing and I will slip and slide back along the way. But a good forum like this is what I need with like minded people who can support me and who I can give support back to. Ive got about 70lbs to lose to get to my dream weight. Maybe Im kidding myself, maybe its a bit too much to ask in the time Ive got to lose it. But if I can get close to that Ill be a very happy lady :D

Anyway thats about it, Good luck to everybody on their weight loss journey. I wish you all the very best xxxxx

Hi Janine, Welcome to the forum.
I am quite sure you will be able to get to your goal in time as long as you don't get too uptight when things go a bit askew...that's when we are inclined to start thinking we are a failure and that doesn't help at all. Just remember, as you have already said, we all have slipups from time to time, even the best of us.
With four little ones to see after it will be quite a task for you so don't forget to logon as often as you can and do start your own diary too so we know where to find you...

All the very best to you.... :)

Back