Newbie here

GooseyBB

Hi, I've just discovered this forum whilst searching for recipes!
I have been a slimmer all my life (52 years old nearly now) and only ever managed to lose 2-2.5 stone each time then give up, remain obese and put on more weight than I'd lost !
This time it's different
I started SW 53 weeks ago at 22 stone 8lbs. My heaviest ever
On my year anniversary a week ago I had lost 4 stone 2lbs
I am so proud of myself and know it's different this time. I've decided to go for life, I stay to group and even when I came to a standstill for nearly four months after hitting 3.5 stone lost I didn't stop going to group or give up
I'm aiming for another four stone loss this year plus another stone or two by May 2018 when I become Mother of the Bride
Looking forward to sharing on here

Hi GooseyBB,
Wow you've done soo well on sw, I've been going for 3mths and have 10 1/2 lbs off so far, I gave myself kick last week and at weigh in tomorrow I'm hoping to see a 3 1/2 lb loss to get my 1 stone award. Good luck to you :)

[QUOTE="
Have you tried twinings mint green tea? I'm totally addicted lol :D[/QUOTE]

I haven't!
I had a green tea probably about two months ago in a cafe as they did not have any soya milk and i'm dairy free. I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. I have been chatting to a friend recently saying I ought to really make an effort to try again as it's supposed to be so good for us and good with helping weight loss.
So now you've made me think again too!!

Hi Goosey, welcome to the forum .. well done on that great start!
I'm not on the SW diet myself but I know there are lots of people on here that will soon be giving you advice and help. Personally I just couldn't get my head around it and prefer calorie and carb counting.

Like you I've been dieting since I was about 13yo and three times I've got my weight right down and vowed I wouldn't ever put it back on! Needless to say each time it didn't take long before the pounds crept on again! Well, now we have the lovely people on here to help and support us so no need to complain ..

Onwards and Downwards!

Hi Goosey, welcome to the forum .. well done on that great start!
I'm not on the SW diet myself but I know there are lots of people on here that will soon be giving you advice and help. Personally I just couldn't get my head around it and prefer calorie and carb counting.

Like you I've been dieting since I was about 13yo and three times I've got my weight right down and vowed I wouldn't ever put it back on! Needless to say each time it didn't take long before the pounds crept on again! Well, now we have the lovely people on here to help and support us so no need to complain ..

Onwards and Downwards!
Hi, thanks for the welcome and I totally feel you regards dieting since a teenager.
It really is a lifelong thing. I have realised, finally, that I have to change for life and find a new way so SW is where i'll be til i'm in my box lol :)

Good luck with your weight-loss journey. Well done on your massive loss so far!
I am also just starting out but I have been here before.
It's a lovely friendly forum and there's always loads of tips
Good luck with your weight-loss journey. Well done on your massive loss so far!
I am also just starting out but I have been here before.
It's a lovely friendly forum and there's always loads of tips to help you along the way plus some great recipes. And it is always good to see what everyone else is eating and how they are doing :)

Thanks for the reassurance I'm in a good place
All the best to you on your journey x

Back