Newbie, Hi Guys!

Stoney

:wave_cry:

Hi all, I'm Lisa and I'm booked in with my CDC on Tuesday at 6.30pm, and I can't wait!! I reckon this forum is gonna be my best friend, it looks fab!

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

I want to cut down for next few days so i'm ready to start on wed, so what do you suggest? Salads soups etc, or is that too severe too quickly?

I have also heard it can give you quite bad breath? I work in close contact with my clients and this is really worrying me, what can I do about that?

Thanks guys
Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

I'm only new so I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon.

I was told to cut down on carbs in the days leading up to starting as I think it helps with getting into ketosis.

I am also worried about the bad breath, I am a beauty therapist / nail tech as well as my full time job so need to do something to combat it!
I have read that mouthwash and also those listerine strips work well.

ps You're not on a beauty forum as well are you?! I am, same username.

OMG Louiser, I'm a Nail Tech too. I'm on Salongeek and another couple. Think i have seen you now come to think of it.
We should buddy up if you haven't got one already?

Thanks will look out for those listerene strips and buy a bottle of mouthwash to keep it the salon.

How you getting on?

:wave_cry:

Hi all, I'm Lisa and I'm booked in with my CDC on Tuesday at 6.30pm, and I can't wait!! I reckon this forum is gonna be my best friend, it looks fab!

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

I want to cut down for next few days so i'm ready to start on wed, so what do you suggest? Salads soups etc, or is that too severe too quickly?

I have also heard it can give you quite bad breath? I work in close contact with my clients and this is really worrying me, what can I do about that?

Thanks guys
Lisa x

hey Lisa - WELCOME :D

try cutting back on the carbs for next few days - no bread, pasta, rice, spuds etc - think protein - chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, even cheese !!! etc etc

and try to increase your water intake - all of this should help ease you in to your first few CD days......

and YES - ketosis can bring bad breath with it :eek: but it is SO worth it - brush your tongue daily....most people do find that it eases after the first couple of weeks....keep a toothbrush and paste handy in case you wanna have a quick brush :)

good luck hun - and keep us posted !

Debz xxxx

hiya welcome to the forum and to Cambridge!
i didnt cut down at all when i started , i just rang a CDC on the tuesday and started the next day, once i get something in my head ive got to do it ASAP lol
i went into ketosis on the first day and that was with eating a large indian takeaway the night before ( i was just lucky i guess)
i dont get smelly breath but my mouth gets really sticky and dry, and my tongue goes a funny colour! but like louisa said, i think you are allowed to use listerine strips, the ones that melt on your tounge,
good luck!
x

my cdc told me i can have sugar free extra chewing gum, but not to over do it x

i dont think chewing gum is allowed, i think it might have citric acid in it that might kick some people out of ketosis. Not sure though!

hi another newbie here. My names samantha and i'm going to start CD on the 14th of this month cant wait soo excited but nervouse to :). im 18 n 5ft6inc and currentley weigh arround 15 stone havent got on the scales since before xmas been tooo scared to :S hope your all doing well :)

Hi Lisa, Welcome to the world of cd, it's a fab diet and works really well. I prepared for CD by cutting out carbs and popping the water intake and that helped quite a bit with the 1st few days, once ketosis kicks in you'll be fine and shouldn't feel too hungry.
For stink breath i bought a cheapy sugar free mint breath spray from superdrug (own brand) it was perfect for me.

Good luck with your first week!

Hi Samantha, welcome to cd and good uckw ith your start on the 14th, it's really exciting when you first begin, i remember I couldn't wait to start once i had discovered how well people we doing on here!

xx

Good luck with starting

welcome girlies!!
forum really is FAB!!!!!!
were all here for the same thing so everyone is MASSIVELY supportive and NEVER judgmental!!
xxxx

Hiya, I thought it was you!

I would love to buddy up, it would really help.

I'm not doing too bad, day four today and I'm still at it and havent cheated, looking forward to first weigh in!!!

Hiya, I thought it was you!

I would love to buddy up, it would really help.

I'm not doing too bad, day four today and I'm still at it and havent cheated, looking forward to first weigh in!!!

GREAT!!! I'll pm you my mobile number on SG. Can't get online sometimes for a few days if I'm busy in salon, so can text everyday, see how we are doing. Brill!

Well done for getting to day 4, I believe the first few days are the hardest. I can't wait, I want to start now. Gonna cut down and increase water till Tuesday so i'm all set for Wednesday. Speak soon.x

Thanks for all your words of support guys, and come someone please confirm the chewing gum issue?? lol

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

My CDC said no to chewing gum, apparently the chewing on an empty stomach can also leave you feeling a bit queasy.

Theres a bit of a debate about the chewing gum!

Some CDCs say its ok, but not a good idea on an empty stomache, and others say its not allowed!

I think its trial and error, if it knocks you out of ketosis, its not for you xx

Back