Newbie-ish!

Em8888

Hi Everyone,

I have returned again! I previously did slimming world and then just plain old calorie counting, put on all the weight I have lost and so I'm starting again!

I am looking to do Slim fast with healthy eating days for a while to hopefully boost my weight loss. I have started going to the gym in the last couple of weeks, it was a massive hurdle to overcome but once I did it, it made me feel so much better.

How is everyone else doing? It would be lovely to have some buddies on here to keep each other going?

Wish me luck guys, long may it continue!

xxx

Hi!
I've been away from the forum for a while and been completely off the wagon :( I buried my head in the sand and now I hope I'm ready to start dieting again and actually stick to it!

This is my first day on slim fast, haven't tried the plan before so hope it works well for me.

Wishing you lots of luck x

Hi I'm gonna be starting Monday my first time on slimfast, good luck darl, good for you for going to the gym x

Ah thank you lovelies. Well, I have been doing a bit of the old Paul McKenna hypnoband as well, but it doesn't appear to work for me, however, I have been eating slower and recognising full and hungry signals a lot more so I guess that's something!

Good luck guys, we can do this! Do any of you have a vision or something you want to do when you're slim and slender to keep you going? Mine is to go to Center Parcs with my family and ride bikes, go swimming and be active and have fun with my boys without feeling embarrassed of myself and getting out of breath! X

Hi all,

I'm joining in because this thread is very apt for me too!! :) I posted my story and that I'd be starting a few weeks ago but I've had a shocking couple of weeks and haven't managed it yet. I got made redundant which was a big shock but I'm feeling in a much better place now - onwards and upwards as they say!! I'm going to use it as an opportunity to really kick my weight into touch and get fitter and more fabulous :)

So I'm starting again with Slimfast today, a bit like you I plan to use it to shift the first stone and get my overeating back under control. I'll see how I go but after that I'll probably go back to Slimming World. So hers to great losses for us this week - I'll be posting my week 1 loss next Thursday!

Emx

19/09/13 - start weight 13 st 2 lbs

kick my weight into touch and get fitter and more fabulous :)

You guys are really inspiring me and i'm going to start today, why not! Have been looking at bottles on sportsdirect so i can take my shakes to work during my one off afternoon shifts, and seen a nice one for £3 just big enough at 350ml and its pink! Bonus.
Em my goal is just to be comfortable with myself and be much fitter too, atm i go jogging twice a week when i can and at home do different cardio and muscle training dvds, i have no strength in my arms or core it seems so would like to improve that, I'd also for a long term goal like to smash my last race for life jog time whatever that was (stupid me didnt look up) but i think it was around the 30 min mark, so yeh thats me :)

Here we go, good luck everyone x

Hey guys

I'm also going to join you guys on Monday. Setting myself a 14 day slimfast challenge then will probably go back to slimming world :)

Starting at 13.1

Good luck all xxx

Hey all!

I'm starting on Slim Fast for the first time today. Been on Cambridge before but that was a bit much for me so hoping SF will be easier to stick to.
Planning on using SF for a month to see how it goes and then to move to calorie counting. Also going to gym 3-4 times a week but am struggling with this as I work shifts.
I have both the Hairy Dieters books for my 600 cal meal, highly recommended! Recipes are delicious and LOTS of them are far less than 600cal per portion.

Good luck all :) Will be back in a week with my first weeks loss...fingers crossed!

Hi officialgem I'm new to slimfast first weigh in on Sunday (tomorrow) good luck found it ok just a few days at night felt a bit hunger but tryed to keep my snacks till then looking forward to see good weight loses

Hey! How did you get on? I have just had my last snack of day 3 and feeling good. It's normally around this point I start to feel like quitting but my determination has really surprised me. I went and bought 2 weeks worth of SF products too to give me more incentive. Hope its going well for everyone else too! :)

Hi gem I lost 6lbs felt great was going to have a cheat day but seeing the results I didn't. been for a meal tonight got chicken salad but it came with cheese but only had 2 snacks today will be really good this week x

Hi,

Congrats that's fantastic!! Well done for not having a cheat day too, it's great that doing well can spur you on like that.
My week is still going well. It was one of my days off work yesterday and I was nervous as I do tend to eat out of boredom but I managed to resist and cooked one of the more elaborate Hairy Bikers diet meals which took up a few hours and was less than 600 calories!

I'm the same if I'm not busy just wanting to pick but found having the 3 slimfast snack bars really help I keep 2 for night times. please your still going strong when is your weigh day ? I've stopped smoking as well so really need to keep my self busy for that as well starting to feel it in my clothes x

Hi so my weigh in was this morning and I lost 4lb so I'm really happy! It's not the biggest weight loss but a loss is a loss. I'm stepping up my gym visits as I only managed to go once this week due to my shifts so maybe that will help next week. Well done on quitting smoking too thats brilliant!

Good weight lose that's fab, bet u feel great. I'm going for some ready meals today to have with veg for through the week and someone said there was a 600 cal pizza in tesco so will be having a look for that here's to another good week my weigh in is in the morning.

Back