Newbie just started Slimming World Online

Saltdog

Hi Folks,

My name is Kevin, I'm 34 with one son aged 4 and I just started Slimming World Online a week ago. I then discovered this forum yesterday and made a couple of posts. Only this morning did I see the proper forum for newbies in this section.

The reason I joined the online SW is because there is no support group where I live. Who knows, if I find this diet to be good and I'm successful on it I could even try to start a group myself! Lol.

I've been following all Extra Easy days since I started the diet and find them incredibly easy to follow. I'm never hungry and have been using some excellent recipes SW very kindly provide on their website. I've also bought a few books already and am looking forward to optimising as much as I can for Christmas dinner!

I lost 3lbs in my first week but I think it would have been more had I not fallen off the plan completely while on my staff night out on Friday!! Mind you, it was a great night and well worth it! You only have one Christmas night out a year after all. Might as well let my hair down a bit. I imagine I'll not be as strict as usual at Christmas itself either and to be honest, I don't want to be. I may have one or two days where I go off plan but I'll get back to it as soon as I can. Better to have one or two days off than stay off plan. If I lose weight at my next weigh in (Tuesday) then it'll be a great bonus but if I maintain or gain I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll know that I've had a good Christmas with my nearest and dearest and look forward to a new me in the New Year.

2012 will be the year of no more excuses!!

Kev :sign0144:

Thanks babypat, that's much appreciated.

Thank you Emmaline for your kind words. It was a very concious decision to take a balanced view over the festive period. I feel that if you deprive yourself too much of anything you enjoy, it begins to build resentment. The last thing I want is to resent this diet for making me miss out. The syn allowance covers most minor infractions but I do believe that there are one or two special days a year where you should never feel guilt for going completely off plan. After all, how much damage can one day do? As long as I don't let a possible slight weight gain dent my confidence, enjoying my food at Christmas will do me no long term harm.

Kevin

Hi, im new to the site! I am starting SW soon but im getting used to this site first as it has been recommended. I did SW a few years ago but have had 3 children since so lots of weight to loose! Looks like its working for you! Well done!

Well, I can't say I'm over pleased with the fact that I've gained 7lbs over the festive period but I'm not going to let it get to me either. As I said before, I wasn't going to let my diet stop me having a good Christmas and New Year. It turns out that I took it a bit far. I had a great time with family and friends though and have started 2012 with a very positive attitude.

I've always been someone who takes things to the excess and the festive period was no exception. I know I was terrible with my eating and drinking and I knew it at the time. It isn't something I'm proud of but it is something that I can look back on and learn from. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop myself being who I am when it comes to celebrations and festivities but I do think I need to learn how to do it more responsibly.

I can also be very single minded when it comes to a challenge. This is a new year and a chance for me to prove to myself that I can do this. The fact that I'm typing this on here rather than keeping it to myself is so that I have accountability and motivation. I can be a very self conscious person and wouldn't like to fail in front of so many people. Even if you are strangers. It may sound odd but I think it's something that can help me on my journey. If I hadn't previously said on here that I was expecting to gain over the festive period, I may have been too embarassed to come back. I won't lie, I need support to do this and I'm very grateful to have somewhere like this to turn to and to get that much needed support.

I'm keen to get going with this year and quite optimistic about the outcome. Thank you Frumpy Mummy and IreneH for your kind words of support and good luck to you, HollyTH on your journey down the SW route.

Kev

Best of luck, my local SW group starts in 2 weeks and I can not wait to get started as soon as possible!
Good luck to you too xMsKearax. I would very much like to join a group too but unfortunately there are none in my area. Luckily I found this site though so all the subscribers on here can be my group! There appear to be plenty of inspirational people here to keep my motivation up.

Hi Kevin and :welcome2:
If you're up for a challenge then there's plenty on the SW forum. There's one for Valentine's day, Easter and one for summer. People add their names onto the list and choose how much weight they'd like to lose by the target date and then update after every weigh in. :scale:

There's loads of support on here and it's great that you have such a positive outlook. I'm sure you could spread that around a bit to some of the members who sometimes struggle with their weight loss journey. :devilangel:
Who knows you could end up being the first to start a group in your area after all! :D

Back