Newbie Little Help? :)

Smirky

Gold Member
So i'm going to have a tiny shop later and was wondering the main items you use daily and the best things to have for low calories?

I've looked at Tesco for ideas and see their 0% fat activia yogurts are on buy one get one free atm, (until the 12th!) .. 8 for £3 but then due to deal your getting 16 for £3! woo! :) and they range from around 75cals to 60 cals! :) will be getting £6 worth as love yogurts but was wondering whats the best to get for normal day stuff like pop? (only drink sugar free squash and water) and then milk? stuff like that?

I'm keeping off chocolate, biscuits, bread, crisps and sweets for now so will skip the cals for those, but i do like my ice cream teehee and little pudding kind of things like jelly and custard? thanks :) xxx

Oh one main thing i want to know about please if possible is fruit and veg?

anyone know the calories for things like;

Peas
Potatoes
Carrots
Broccoli
etc

and then
Apples
Bananas
Oranges
Graps

:D it really is like starting afresh not having a clue about anything oops! :eek:

hiya!
one thing i love is mini milk ice cream lollies - they have 30cal each which is great as they come in vanilla, strawb and chocolate so are also good for a sweet/chocolate fix!
skinny cow also do some nice bigger ice cream lollies at under/around 70 calories i think, which taste really good too :D
heres a link for a big calorie count database which will help with the fruit and veg etc
Calories in Fruits and Fruit Juices
hope that helps!!

Hey hun, don't no if anyones mentioned it but myfitnesspal is free to sign up for and has pretty much every food listed branded and non branded.
I just bought some skinney cow minis just like mini milks but bigger and covered in chocolate :D I have cans of pepsi max and 7up light, can't be without fizzy. I also have granola bars, yogurts, crisps and mini choccy bars but i have a lot to lose so eat more calories.

hiya!
one thing i love is mini milk ice cream lollies - they have 30cal each which is great as they come in vanilla, strawb and chocolate so are also good for a sweet/chocolate fix!
skinny cow also do some nice bigger ice cream lollies at under/around 70 calories i think, which taste really good too :D
heres a link for a big calorie count database which will help with the fruit and veg etc
Calories in Fruits and Fruit Juices
hope that helps!!

Omg ace thankyou!!! the site looks amazing will definitely be using that alot!

Also today i brought the Tesco mini milk versions, ok they are twice the cals at 60 but!! only 80p for 8! so cheaper than the walls ones as i havent a job atm need to shop on budget hehe! thanks hun as i wouldnt of found the tesco versions without looking for the mini milks :D also ive never tried the skinny cow ice creams! love their hot chocolates though so will definitely be trying those too! WOO :) xx

Hey hun, don't no if anyones mentioned it but myfitnesspal is free to sign up for and has pretty much every food listed branded and non branded.
I just bought some skinney cow minis just like mini milks but bigger and covered in chocolate :D I have cans of pepsi max and 7up light, can't be without fizzy. I also have granola bars, yogurts, crisps and mini choccy bars but i have a lot to lose so eat more calories.

I haven't heard of myfitnesspal before so that's one i'll be doing also! thankyou!!! and thanks for the advice on the drinks!! great to know i can still have fizzy on calorie counting too! oh and i love my breakie bars so will look out for granola ones! this is so exciting thankyou everyone xx

Hey everyone, hope your having a lovely sunday! :)

Was just wondering if there is a way to work out how many calories a baked potato is please?

looked on packet and it stated 250g = 188cals... this about right? thankyou! :) xx

Omg ace thankyou!!! the site looks amazing will definitely be using that alot!

Also today i brought the Tesco mini milk versions, ok they are twice the cals at 60 but!! only 80p for 8! so cheaper than the walls ones as i havent a job atm need to shop on budget hehe! thanks hun as i wouldnt of found the tesco versions without looking for the mini milks :D also ive never tried the skinny cow ice creams! love their hot chocolates though so will definitely be trying those too! WOO :) xx

ohhh, i've never heard of the tesco ones! i might check those out myself actually when i'm next in town! so thanks for replying with that hehe :D x x

Back