Newbie looking for support :(

Hi, ladies and gents
i've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself and tell you a bit about me. I have a husband (well kinda he's my fiancé) and a 2 year old. I have 5 fish, 1 rabbit, 2 geckos and 2 small snakes. I've been the typical yoyo dieter since I gave birth to my son. I used to be 11 and half stone which is healthy for my 5ft8 height, but after getting comfortable with my fella and pregnancy I rocketed to 17stone; I lost 3stone in a year then it took 1year to put back on 2st. After losing a friend I was in quite a bad emotional way and unhealthily only ate 1 small meal a day and lost 1st in 2weeks, last but no means least I snapped out of my down moment and have now put on half a stone which takes me to where I am now 15 and half stone. I am writing this after having eaten a kebab, chips, cheesy garlic bread and a dr. Pepper; and feeling pretty bad about it. I'm 21 and have a plagued family history of T2 Diabetes, heart condition, blood pressure ect; I have health conditions myself IBS, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Acute Arthritis, Chronic Breast Pain; these issues are worsened with poor diet and weight gain. Safe to say I want help.

Thats my essay hope to hear from you

hi and welcome :)
have you chosen a diet yet? youve done really well up to now

Hey!

I'm a newbie here, too - but I completely understand where you're coming from.

I lost my best friend to a heart attack in 2011 and it hit me really hard. It throws you completely and you just have to deal with it in the only way you know how. There is no right or wrong way.

I think you need to try to get your mind into the best possible space to be able to make the conscious decision that you want to do this for yourself and for your family. Once you've done that, it'll become easier.

I'm only a week in to my journey, but I've never felt so positive about such a life change - but it's only because I feel I am now ready for it emotionally.

It's not easy at all, and I do feel for you - I hope you manage to pull through this and get to where you want to be and become happy. xx

Thank you for your quick responses, missrv you seem to be making progress, as with probably most members on here know how hard it is to lose weight so 2stone in a year is pretty admirable :) and a motivation to newbs like me.

19jb87 very very sorry to hear of your loss, I agree with you about dealing with things, grief tells u how to dal with it and u can not argue with grief!

I've not really looked at specific diets I don't know where to start; I can really afford things like the Cambridge diet; I guess I'm just going to start off with just a basic healthy eating and exercise plan. As of today I am using my exercise bike every day and will gradually increase the time I spend each session, I'm definitely going to stop using the car as much and walk to places; I have a vigorous work out game for the Xbox which I will give a go; I can not run at all I look like pingu in distress so that's the start of my exercise plan.

Then comes the food: I seem to have started an addiction to takeaways and fast food over the past month so that is a definite full cut out. I love and I mean love all things cheese, this is bad as it ticks off my Chronic Breast Pain and well it's just fat with flavour so I need to work on that. Oh there's so much it's all very daunting, I thing I need a diary to sort of write down all the things I need to address. Feel like kid starting school for the first time!!!

Best thing I have done so far is to keep a diary of what I have eaten and to think about what I am going to cook a day or so ahead - It stops me from getting home and thinking "I can't be bothered to cook today ... "!

I've found loads of diaries on this forum so motivational & makes you really want to join them!

I'm doing the paleo diet - but it's all about what sits well with you and your lifestyle, I guess. You'll know when you find the right one - it'll sort of click.

Really wish you luck - Your exercise plan sounds great! :)

hiya miss, i do slimming world from home too. I joined a class but didnt have anyone to go with lol so decided to go it alone. I think its different to join online but the classes are about a tenner i think, not too sure , then a fee every week. Good luck which ever you decide and youl get plenty support here:D

hi. look in the magazine you will be able to fine out.or phone a club by you for whatever you wont to know .slimming world does work .and its realy good .not hard to do hope you like it as i realy do and its working for me

Hi there just started back on Slimming world after the excess of Christmas. I find this diet really suits me. There have been slimming world booklets in the daily mirror here in Ireland this week with some recipes and inspiration stories.

Ive also just seen somewhere on here that there is a voucher for free membership in woman magazine which is 95p. So you pay £5ish at your first meeting. You might as well go for the books then never go back! Wish I had done that :confused: Would have saved myself a tenner and got the new books! Oh well, hopefully not too much has changed x

Hello lauralala, thank you Kate will have a little looks to see if I can nab the voucher, had a look online at they're "online only" packages, was a bit pricey for me. Had a look at lots of sites and the process for some were horrendous I know it's up to the person if it works for them but I thought paying £245 up front for something that may not suit you was a bit too much of a risk for me.

Back