Newbie - massive goal that I MUST meet!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by rachel1984, 15 July 2011 Social URL.

1. rachel1984

rachel1984 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(10.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, all. I'm totally new to Slimming World. Signed up on Wednesday and started properly yesterday. Still getting my head around it!

I'm getting married next year, and after joining slimming world I went and found my wedding dress. Ordered one that I totally love - but ordered it in a smaller size!

My dress will be in around February/March next year, so I've got until then which I think is plenty of time, but I MUST MUST MUST stick to it. I tried the new weight watchers plan before Slimming World, but didn't like it at all!! Hopefully this one suits me better. Day 1 went well!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tiphareth

Tiphareth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(27.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with the diet and getting ready for the wedding.

4. LauraonSW

LauraonSW Member

Hi! You're in the same situation as me. I get married in November and my dress was also ordered smaller. I try it on in 2 weeks, have lost 17lb so far. It's a great motivation, so I'm sure you'll do really well. Good luck x

5. BrightonMark

BrightonMark Trying... Really Trying.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    Welcome!
    Congrats on wedding, sure you will look spiffing in your dress by then! Loads of people here to ask questions two, you learn so much by just browsing the posts!
    Take care. x

6. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding .... I am sure u will do very well as u sound very focused and determined ... you will have to get your head around the Sw eating plan ... keep reading your book and once u know how it works .... it will work!!! Take some measurements and a before photo so u can compare and Good luck xxxxxxxx

7. trhoney

trhoney Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well done on taking the right steps to achieving it and good luck with both :D

8. nutcasefootball

nutcasefootball Member

Welcome sw! I am sure that you will do it- nothing is better motivation than to picture yourself in the dress feeling a million dollars on your special day. Good luck with the wedding planning.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.