Newbie meeting advice please :)

Malaguti

Hi all,

I've been busy lurking and having a look around this great and supportive forum.

I've done SW before (ca 5 years ago) and am now going back on it because I've always liked the way the eating plans are structured. Did WW many many years ago and the thought of being starved and made to count points is just too horrible to contemplate :)

Anyway, long story short, I've been muddling my way through extra easy for the last week and have ordered the current SW info from e-bay on CDROM.

Now, either I've been had or the Royal Mail has lost this disc cos I still haven't received it.

I'm now thinking about going to one of my local meetings tonight but just the once to get hold of the info. Has anyone else done this and will I have to stay for the whole of the 90min meeting?

Also, aren't you expected to turn up every week once you've been once (i.e will I get charged for non attendance if I never go back?)

Feel a bit sneaky trying to get hold of the info this way but need to do this really without OH getting wind of it because as soon as he realises I'm trying to eat differently he refuses to eat what he calls 'diet crap' (even if it isn't!)

Many thanks in advance :)

Hello and welcome.
Lots of people go to one meeting just to get the info, you are charged for missed weeks, but only if you go back. They don't invoice you if you don't go back.
From my experience you would have to stay to the whole first meeting because although the consultant might go through the plan at the beginning of the meeting, you sit through the meeting before deciding if you want to join, then if you do you pay and get weighed .
Good luck with your weight los this time and I hope you'll join in on here xxx

Yep, I agree with eternity in that quite a few people do go just to get the info. You will need to stay for the whole of the first meeting as new members do get weighed at the end of the meeting. You never know though, you may get a taste for staying - it is very beneficial to your weight loss!

As for your OH not being supportive, if you follow the new Extra Easy plan he will never ever know it's "diet" food as there has never been such a normal eating plan! With his support you'll do even better!

If you do just go to group to get the info, it would be worth ringing or texting the consultant the following week and telling her that you won't be coming to group again. She'll appreciate it I'm sure.

Good luck!

I agree with everything already said but just wanted to say that I've never heard of SW info being on CDROM and it sounds a bit dodgy. Have you been back in touch with the seller, or failing that, with Ebay directly.

I bought SW info on CD Rom. It all arrived and there was loads there. The only thing is there was no info on EE, apart from that it was all there and loads of recipes too. You only, of course get the syns in the normal books and no syns online. So checking syns is still hard and need a directory too. I did actually start going to class on the 3rd week, cos I wasn't losing, but I was doing nothing wrong, and I'm still not losing.

Lynda

Lynda

Thank you all for your kind comments. Didn’t get time to write anymore yesterday and I also chickened out of going to my local meeting.....

Hoping the CD will still arrive since I saw yesterday that the payment for it only left my account yesterday – although am doing well with the info I’ve managed to find here and there (including this brilliant site!)

Having absolutely masses to eat but don’t feel anywhere near as bloated as I did at the beginning of the week and no whines from OH yet....fingers crossed!

Extra Easy might well be the ticket to a sneakily slimmer me J

Have a great weekend everyone filled with SW treats....!

Back