Newbie, need some help please

Jimbo

I went for a lighterlife consult a few weeks ago and although I like the concept of the foodpacks and the science behind it I simply have no interest in going to my doc to get health forms done and more so sitting and talking with a load of strangers every week, is cambridge diet the same format?

What I want are the meal replacement packs without the counselling, meetings or any of that other crapola! I know why I am overweight, I am fully aware of the eating habits that got me here, I just need something simple, fast and effective and LL and CD seem perfect but they both seem to be based around this counselling bit.

I assume that a large chunk of the £70 per week is for the group sessions and support, as I do not want this I assume I will pick it up at better value.

I am Jim btw, nice to meet you all. :character00116:

With CD you have to get the Doctors forms signed if you are over 40BMI and if you are doing the 810 plan or lower. I think you are ok doing the higher plans without the doctors permission.

CD works out at 4 packs a day for a male which would be anywhere from around £1.70 - £2 each, it depends on your CDC. You don't have to attend counselling. I visit my CDC once a week and go in get weighed and measured, have a bit of a gossip and then get my food. It takes around 10 minutes.

Hope this helps, because if it is quick and effective you want, this diet does work. Good luck

With CD you have to get the Doctors forms signed if you are over 40BMI and if you are doing the 810 plan or lower. I think you are ok doing the higher plans without the doctors permission.

CD works out at 4 packs a day for a male which would be anywhere from around £1.70 - £2 each, it depends on your CDC. You don't have to attend counselling. I visit my CDC once a week and go in get weighed and measured, have a bit of a gossip and then get my food. It takes around 10 minutes.

Hope this helps, because if it is quick and effective you want, this diet does work. Good luck

Hi Chlo, well my BMI isnt quite as high as 40 so I should be fine then, £2 a sachet is better value than LL at £70 a week however that still equates to £56 a week, which wouldnt break the bank by any means but is still a lot of money for what is essentially a shake, I have seen some advertised at £33 that you just order online but I am dubious, do they work/are they safe?

I don't have cosy chats with my CDC

I grab me shakes and I'm out her door in usually 5 mins, suits us both

I'd never have done LL. Not my thing at all

Hi Chlo, well my BMI isnt quite as high as 40 so I should be fine then, £2 a sachet is better value than LL at £70 a week however that still equates to £56 a week, which wouldnt break the bank by any means but is still a lot of money for what is essentially a shake, I have seen some advertised at £33 that you just order online but I am dubious, do they work/are they safe?

I'm sure whichever VLCD is advertised at £33 would be for 21 packs a week (3 a day)- as a male you'd need the extra energy and nutrition of 4 packs a day so it'd still be £44 a week. Yes- cheaper than £56 but I personally think the advice your Cambridge consultant can give you is invaluable and the variety and flavours are much nicer than any other VLCD.

I have seen some advertised at £33 that you just order online but I am dubious, do they work/are they safe?

Be careful about other versions. Make sure you do the research. I would be asking questions about whether they were intended to be a total meal substitute of whether they were intended to supplement a couple of meals a day only. Get on the internet and look for feedback, they may be fine, but I would want some assurance.

I know, it sounds like a lot of money, doesn't it?

But that's all you'll have to eat. Are you currently spending less than £56 a week on your weekly food shop? Are you including all the extras in that, e.g., shop bought sandwiches, chocolate, sweets, crisps, etc.? Oh - and alcohol :) (cos you shouldn't drink alcohol on VLCDs)?

I know, hand on heart, that in the past, I've spent much more than that on food per week. That's how I got big in the first place... :rolleyes:

I can't advise you whether the online stuff is okay. But I can tell you that Cambridge is a really good plan, tried and tested.

:D

I don't have cosy chats with my CDC

I grab me shakes and I'm out her door in usually 5 mins, suits us both

I'd never have done LL. Not my thing at all

Cool, that sounds like my kinda setup.

I'm sure whichever VLCD is advertised at £33 would be for 21 packs a week (3 a day)- as a male you'd need the extra energy and nutrition of 4 packs a day so it'd still be £44 a week. Yes- cheaper than £56 but I personally think the advice your Cambridge consultant can give you is invaluable and the variety and flavours are much nicer than any other VLCD.

Its negligible then in that case, CD is looking a hot favourite.

Be careful about other versions. Make sure you do the research. I would be asking questions about whether they were intended to be a total meal substitute of whether they were intended to supplement a couple of meals a day only. Get on the internet and look for feedback, they may be fine, but I would want some assurance.

I started too but none seem anywhere near as well recommended as CD.

I know, it sounds like a lot of money, doesn't it?

But that's all you'll have to eat. Are you currently spending less than £56 a week on your weekly food shop? Are you including all the extras in that, e.g., shop bought sandwiches, chocolate, sweets, crisps, etc.? Oh - and alcohol :) (cos you shouldn't drink alcohol on VLCDs)?

I know, hand on heart, that in the past, I've spent much more than that on food per week. That's how I got big in the first place... :rolleyes:

I can't advise you whether the online stuff is okay. But I can tell you that Cambridge is a really good plan, tried and tested.

:D

To be fair, I spend about £60 a night just going out for a few beers in town so its not the amount of money, more that is seems a lot for what you are getting if that makes sense?

I havent touched a beer since New Years eve and most of my weight is from the drink as I regularly would enjoy 4-6 pints a night after work in the week and another 8-10 come the weekend, so I decided to knock that on the head along with smoking.

Nearly a full month without either and I have shifted half a stone through just not drinking but I want some fast results so this sounds like the way to go for me.

Thanks all, I notice theres a lot of ladies here, if one was so inclined he might consider this a target rich environment. :D;):p

Hey Jimbo

Well done on the progress on smokes and drink! Impressive both at once!

Now a diet... lol your a bit of an extremist, but all or nothing at times and when your on a role, your most motivated, CD will give you the fast results you want if you stick to it.

I wouldnt worry about the conselling, it can be whatever you want it to be... long and supporting or short, sweet and supporting... in and out , especially after first few weeks.

Lets know what you decide to do and best of luck with whatever it is.

AMber

Back