NEWBIE NEEDING HELP!

xblondiex

I started SW last Thursday after pilling the weight on over the past few months. I tried following the plan myself a few weeks before and noticed a change so thought i should just go for it!! I have been sticking to the Original/Green eating choices and lost 4lb in my first SW week. :p woohoo!!

Just wondering is anyone following the Extra Easy eating plan and does it work as well as the original eating plans?? Im very confused now!!! :confused:

Hi well done on your weight loss. there are loads of people on here who follow EE all the time My cons. has been at target for 18 months and she does it all the time. Just remember only 1A and 1B and lots of superfree foods xx

I have followed EE right from the beginning.

Although my losses have slowed down over the last 2-3 months (I have been stressing out about work, money, relationships etc and not really following as well as I should have been) I have found it fab!

I actually can't rave enough about EE... here are a few reasons why:

1: I can always have something to eat, there's such a huge choice. Be it ham, chicken, veg, fruit, muller light, SW chips, pasta, etc etc, the list goes on!

2: I can eat with my OH, and we can eat exactly the same. For example over the last few days we have had: cottage pie (with potato!) pasta bake with chicken, jacket potatoes, stirfry with rice, noodles, veg and chicken, and tomorrow we're having homemade meatballs and spaghetti. YUM! He just adds extras, like garlic bread, full fat mayo or toast if he feels like it.

3: I have lost 2 stone 5 ponds, and even through all the stress where I would have comfort eaten and put on stones in the past, I have hardly gained any weight, and what I have gained I have lost again quickly.

4: It's a way of eating that can be followed for life, and fits in around life. For example, Mum phones up and says "Meet me in town for lunch" So off I go, and have a jacket potato with ham and beans, and there we have a syn free lunch out with Mum!

5: I can use all my syns on "treats" rather than, for example, using some for meat on a green day, or for pasta or rice on a red day. This means more chocolate and yummy things for me!!!

Anyway... I'm done with my ranting on now... I'm sure I should get commission from SW!!!

Maybe give it a go and see what happens.

It has worked really well for me, but less well I think for others at class.

Emma xXx

thanks for the feedback I think i might give it a go for a couple of days. The thought of spaghetti and meatballs has practically sold me!!!!

I was just a bit sceptical as i thought it kind of contradicted the red/green eating plans, but seen as though you guys say it works I may aswell give it a shot.

:cross: fingers crossed x x x

I have no advice as I am brand new to SW this week too. But just wanted to wish a fellow newbie lots and lots of luck with this.
I'm trying to get my head round this 'diet' as it doesn't make sense to me yet that I can eat so much and yet I'm supposed to lose weight. Lol! I guess my first weigh in on Monday will let me know if I'm doing it right.
I'm pretty much just doing the green days as I'm mostly vegetarian, but if I'm having meat for a meal I will either do an Extra Easy day or just count the portion of meat as a Health Extra or syn it on a green day.
I'm very excited to see if this works for me. Fingers crossed eh?!
If you ever want to chat to someone else just starting out, please feel free to give me a shout.
Kelly.xx

thank you kelly :) it works so much better when you know you have people to motivate you!

I've started going the SW classes with my mum who has done it before. Last time she done it she lost about 4 stones just following the red/green days, that's why i was a bit sceptical about the extra easy. I was following the red/green eating plan for a couple of weeks before i joined the classes and noticed a change in my body shape, all of a sudden jeans which became too tight for me fitted again haha!! so i decided to join properly and keep track.

A bit of advice for you though you do see more weight loss by choosing the red days in relation to the green (not sure about the extra easy though). As you say you're mainly vegetarian i would suggest buying some fresh fish - if you like it that is - and having a couple of red days just to give yourself a little boost!

:party0049: good luck!!!

x x x

Hiya
I have done red and green before, and always done mostly red, this time I am listening in group and I have decided to do more green, I am type 2 diabetic and green is recommended, I have lost 11lbs so far and I am not hungry, I am not sure about EE my daughter does it and she lost 10lbs so far, I tend to like my HE, and dont want to use my syns for cheese, so I am not sure where to go then!

Back