newbie needing help

Hi all iv been peeking for a few weeks since starting sw. This is my third week and iv only lost 1.5lb and I know the plan cam work for me and am following it correctly but nothing seems to be happening. I have 5 months until my wedding and really need to lose 2.5 stone, is this possible? And any help as to why its not working any help would really be appreciated

Thank you all

Hi there first week I tried a variety of ee and green days but I lobe pastas pots etc but they don't love me, this week I stuck to ee.

On average this week iv had

B: oats so simple, milk hea grapefruit
L: either pasta and tuna salad cream sun or ham salad sandwich heb mullerlight and graze on strawberries, grapes, plums and apple
D: ee menus a variety of chicken. Fish, pasta and 2ltrs of water a day
How's it look? Any advice x

Iv been shopping today based on red days so I will make sure I keep updated on here. I do think red days maybe better for me as it reduces the carbs. Thank you for your reply I'm hoping for a better loss this week.

Do you think 2.5 stone is achievable?

I tried to do red/green and didn't shift much weight :(

Although sounding harder, started EE and it's been brill :)

I've tried the red/green plan before and whilst I was find on green days I usually felt quite sluggish and bloated on red days, we now do the ee plan and find it's so easy!! My o.h and I are constantly trying new ideas and tweaking some family favourite recipes to make them syn free....we kept checking with our c to make sure we were doing it right as it's seemed to good to be true, but 24 lbs off for me and 15 lb for my o.h can't be wrong!! You may find that your weight loss is slow but most people find that slower losses means more chance of keeping it off as it's more of a lifestyle change than a diet. 2.5 stone over a 5 month period is do-able but may be easier/quicker for some than others!
Good luck! X

I do think 2.5 stone is doeable as its 1/2 stone a month. All you can do is stick to plan and see :) ~There are no guarantees but even if you lost 2 stone you would be happy :)

I would do a mixture of days. I like red days far more than I thought I would. EE didn't do it for me every day but I have the odd one as a treat when I want a pasta dish for example with bolognese.

Hi there first week I tried a variety of ee and green days but I lobe pastas pots etc but they don't love me, this week I stuck to ee.

On average this week iv had

B: oats so simple, milk hea grapefruit
L: either pasta and tuna salad cream sun or ham salad sandwich heb mullerlight and graze on strawberries, grapes, plums and apple
D: ee menus a variety of chicken. Fish, pasta and 2ltrs of water a day
How's it look? Any advice x

What about your syns?

Everyone loses weight at different speeds and shows on in body shape in different ways aswell. I've lost 1st 9.5lbs over 6 months (few hiccups along the way) but it's only just started to show (well to others anyway).
My advice would be to definately stick with it as it all takes time to get use to the plan, write a food diary and that includes everything you may eat, lick, nibble drink etc as. Make sure you have a 1/3 of each food group if doing EE. Weigh and measure your A and B choices (only thing you really have to weight and measure) and use ALL your syns.
Hope you get on ok and stick with it xxx

Thanks all for your replies I'm going to make sure I write everything down including like you say everything I nibble on and drink and make sure I become a regular on here as everyone seems so helpful. I would be happy at 2 stone but want to look my best on my wedding day and I was doing ww before sw and that was slow also so I'm thinking I have no hope. Here's to another week.

Thanks all for your replies I'm going to make sure I write everything down including like you say everything I nibble on and drink and make sure I become a regular on here as everyone seems so helpful. I would be happy at 2 stone but want to look my best on my wedding day and I was doing ww before sw and that was slow also so I'm thinking I have no hope. Here's to another week.

You can do this sweetie! Start a diary on here okay and we will help you.

PLEASE ensure you have your syns. Not having them will not result in your losing weight quicker you will lose it slower (more than likely) the syns are an integral part of the plan :D so enjoy them okay?

Good luck look forward to following your progress

Thanks JackieN - I am going to start a diary on here tomorrow after work, this way I will have to face what I am eating and also for the support. What a great site!! :)

Just sitting down to work out this weeks menus and will prepare lunch after dinner. I am going to start walking home from my evening job which is a few miles and get back into my jogging once I have broke myself back in - Brought the zumba boxset dvd as I was going to classes but because of my job and class times couldnt keep going so here's to a new week and to losing a few pounds.

Back