Newbie needs some motivation...

Lemm

Hy guys!

I lost 5 stone 4.5 pounds on SW to get to my target weight of 9st 3 for my wedding last August. Since then I have put on half a stone which whatever I try I cannot get off!
Think my problem is that I want to have a social life now which is much harder on SW
So....I have decided to give WW a bash. I did it yeeeeears ago but cant really remember much at all
What I really need is for someone to tell me this will work. Been feeling so low with this 7 pounds hanging over my head (might not sound much but its the difference between my clothes fitting and having a muffin top extrodinare) that I really need a pick me up
I'm one of those people that weigh themselves far to often. I started WW Monday and so far the scales have not budged...is it normal for nothing to happen for half a week?

All help is much appreciated

Thanks xxx

Welcome to weight watchers

firstly as you well know stay OFF theose scales it will just depress you if they havent moved. I would highly recommend the points calculator, the eating out guide and the shoping guide and the most important part eat all your points everyday, cutting back on them will not speed up weight loss, if anything it will slow it down.
If you have any questions then holler up and someone will have the answer ;)

Welcome to weight watchers

firstly as you well know stay OFF theose scales it will just depress you if they havent moved. I would highly recommend the points calculator, the eating out guide and the shoping guide and the most important part eat all your points everyday, cutting back on them will not speed up weight loss, if anything it will slow it down.
If you have any questions then holler up and someone will have the answer ;)

Nothing more I can add to that only my own welcome! Vodka is right!

But they sit there going...'go on, jump on, just a little look'
Torture I tell you, torture!!!!

Oh I have a quick question......what is the most WW friendlt place to eat out? Anywhere with any particularly low options??

I have an excel spreadsheet with eating out points for every food under the sun! Cant remember where I got it?? If you PM met your email address Ill send it on to you?

Chinese is especially WW friendly, i have it all the time :D

Just wanted to say welcome :) .. vodaka said it all really the 2 main things are not to step on the scales half a dozen times a day althooooooooo i am guilty now and then! ..
and also eat ALL your points! if you dont then your body is gonna say "hang on a minute!" why isnt she feeding me! and then switch to starvation mode and you wont lose a lb! ...
you can save 4 points a day if you wanna use them on a meal out or drinks etc ..
Chinese is definate low points and we have one every week! .. mush chowmein is 4.5 mushroom rice is 4.5 curry sauce is 2 ummm this is what i have so know the points ..
noreenblacketts website is wonderful for eating out points!

just wanted to say welcome to the ww section!

Step away from the scales woman as well - youl depress yourself, im a self confessed scale addict and it doesnt make you happy weighing everyday!

You must eat all your points and drink plenty of water cos if you dont your body will go into starvation mode and hang onto everything.

Once a week is definitely enough to be on the scales. Too much variation with hormones, water retention etc etc to get weighed any more often than that.

Fab link, Starlight - she must have spend ages putting all that together!

BTW, Lemm, did you used to be on the Slimming World forum - can't remember what it was called but it was very pink. Your name seems familiar.

Couldn't get on with SW myself, but doing better with WW.

I sucked with slimming world. It was remebering the syn values and having to buy all the bloomin books for shopping etc, whereas with ww all i did was join, pay my monthly subscription and i bought a calculater and the pointsdont change on stuff whereas i found over the years sw did. I get on so much better with ww. No hoopla at all.

I agree. I like to be able to choose what I eat as well. If I decide to use all my points on rubbish one day then I'm an adult and I can do that *stamps feet*.

I was always running out of syns on SW.

Hooray for weight watchers! And this forum.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lemm. Hope you get all the support you need here - I get loads, which is great.

I found SW way too restrictive. I wasnt eating healthily on it at all. I love the freedom of WW and the fact having the calculator means anything can be worked out :)

Exactly! i never get my point across well on forums - i ramble on too much!:confused:

Back