Newbie-nervous :/

MrsPayne212

Gold Member
Ol hi there! Just thought I should start somewhere lol. Ive started exercisenroutine and been doing a bit dieting for the past month and havent seemed to loose :( i feel like im working so hard but getting nowhere.. Ive been doing stuff on the wii fit plus, and a bit of dancing and stuff just started zumba for the wii.. Im seriously overweight and need to loose it, for myself and because i feel like its holding me back in all areas of my life...
I just started trying to follow the ww propoints system, I'm still learning and everything, and im doing it on my own, not through the website cause i cant really afford it.. Lol but i really want to do this im more motivated than ive ever been i just dont want to loose that and im afraid that like so many times before i will give up, and lately ive felt really discouraged because i havent lost much so far :( but hopefully i can get some good tips and encouragement from here and maybe a friend or two along the way :)...

hi :)
im new to this site too, have only been on a couple of days and have found the people very friendly, welcoming & helpful so far. Im not doing ww, but have done it before...once you get your head round it and stay within your points allowance, i think it works fairly well.
Good luck with your weight loss :)
x

Hii

Found your diary :D Well I have tons of AWSOME recipes for you if you need help!!
Do you know what your daily allowance is? Maybe I can give you a hand with sorting out some good meals to get you going since I am going to the meetings here. They are ten euro here dunno how much it is in UK tho.. prob like 6-7 pounds? well being 22 and all I know how tight money can be so if you cannot miss it, it is definately possible to do it by yourself! There are actually loadsa ladies here that are on no diet at all!! like... NONE... just healthy eating and they are losing just as much as the WW or S/w etc..

You can do it.. or what do americans say... YES WE CAN lol (i had to put that in there sorry)

- Get you started on ur weightloss, 10lbs guranteed

Hey, im 21 years old n had a wee boy wen i was 18 i lost loads of weight after him then went from a 10-16 in 2years! sucha joke lol. ive tried every diet pill n diet thing n just piled it on again but i recently started my weightloss agen. i was 14.2 stone but didnt look it the weights mostly in my legs so i have to take water detention tablets from holland & barret this helps u loose sum weight, makes u pee alot lol. but 2 get me started i dun the "3day diet" google it n follow the menu its easy 2 follow for 3 days to get u started n its a 10lbs weight loss guranteed !! i lost the 10lbs n cudnt belive it. recently iv bn exercising n planin my meals before hand, another is NO CARBS BEFORE MARBS..cut all bread pasta rice wraps pita etc for 2 weeks n its meant to help u loose alot! iv not tried it yet but my mate has. Good Luk!! im so determained this time & hopefuly loose 2 stone in next 3 months to b my size 10 again !! xxxx:)

welcome guys, you'll defo fine all the help and support you could ever want here good luck with your weigh loss, and look forward to speaking to you all

littlemisspiggy said:
Hii

Found your diary :D Well I have tons of AWSOME recipes for you if you need help!!
Do you know what your daily allowance is? Maybe I can give you a hand with sorting out some good meals to get you going since I am going to the meetings here. They are ten euro here dunno how much it is in UK tho.. prob like 6-7 pounds? well being 22 and all I know how tight money can be so if you cannot miss it, it is definately possible to do it by yourself! There are actually loadsa ladies here that are on no diet at all!! like... NONE... just healthy eating and they are losing just as much as the WW or S/w etc..

You can do it.. or what do americans say... YES WE CAN lol (i had to put that in there sorry)

Lol... Thatd be awesome! Im trying to use it as a guideline mostly, but im having trouble guessing portions, and figuring out points is a bit weird.. I got an app to calculate them, but then i look and the net and some of my calculations are way off compared to what other people say. :( ive beentracking everything ive been eating and i find that from what i have written down for the points its very rare i even use all of my daily points.. O and yea lol i do know my allowance i used a guide i found on the net to figure it out :) my husband too, but even though he says he wants to do it i really dont think hes as motivated as me lol.. Ah so i guess i just have to drool as he eats chips and stuff in front of me.. Though ive noticed that in the month i have been watching what i eat (started trying ww last sunday) i have felt a lot better at night.. I used to have stomach aches and feel bloated every night, but its been very rare lately :)... So what do you do at the actually meetings?

amyjackson21 said:
Hey, im 21 years old n had a wee boy wen i was 18 i lost loads of weight after him then went from a 10-16 in 2years! sucha joke lol. ive tried every diet pill n diet thing n just piled it on again but i recently started my weightloss agen. i was 14.2 stone but didnt look it the weights mostly in my legs so i have to take water detention tablets from holland & barret this helps u loose sum weight, makes u pee alot lol. but 2 get me started i dun the "3day diet" google it n follow the menu its easy 2 follow for 3 days to get u started n its a 10lbs weight loss guranteed !! i lost the 10lbs n cudnt belive it. recently iv bn exercising n planin my meals before hand, another is NO CARBS BEFORE MARBS..cut all bread pasta rice wraps pita etc for 2 weeks n its meant to help u loose alot! iv not tried it yet but my mate has. Good Luk!! im so determained this time & hopefuly loose 2 stone in next 3 months to b my size 10 again !! xxxx:)

Thanks for the advice, and its really super tempting im telling you, im just a bit nervous about doing a diet that cuts stuff out, cause i feel like as soon as i start eating regular again ill gain it all back and then some :( do you find that a problem?

good luck with everything. I hope you find loads of tips and support on here everyone is really friendly and always tries to answer any questions or worries you may have. Sounds like your in a really good frame of mind to start becoming more healthy.

Take care xxx

The meetings are a good chance to talk with fellow ww'ers, there's always a talk sometimes a cooking demo. I found the meetings fab, tho I think it also depends on the leader, it was just the propoints I couldn't get a grip of!
When your calculating, and there's a diff online, is it both propoints values cos some might be the old points?x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its propoint its more so on here that ive seen list of propoints values, and the app on my phone is a propoints calculator, though not an official one, it asks for the protein, carbs, fat and fiber though

Hey x Yea im doing it with my wife, she is not as motivated either and she only has like 2 stone to loose so she is going to reach her goal much sooner which is not very motivating for me :(

Anyhow, the meetings are great, you get weighed which is great cuz it makes you feel really good about yourself :) and then there's a talk, they usually hand out recipes, exchange ideas etc its cool :)
Oh and you get leaflets and little books and recipes.

my pp allowance is 45 and I NEVER seem to use it all in one day :/ but I try
What I do is just write down some basic stuff like a bagel is 6 (but you can get ww ones that are 4)
a boiled egg is 2 butter is 1pp per tsp so there you have 9 for breakfast and then just fill it up with some fruit etc..

Its great, must be hard without the proper pointsguide altho the internet is wonderfull! if you need any ppvalues or portions looked up lemmie know.

No :( its for android but when i get a day im gonna go through and write them down off of the net where i can find them.. Ihad gone on a nutritional info site where there was a bunch of different foods with all the info but most of them came out really high... Especially the tinned stuff my husband likes... And for instance from that site a baked potato came up to like 17 points where as evryone i see sayd its like 7 or 8... Its stuff like that that im not quite sure how to get the values for to calculate the points... Lol im sure ill getbthe hang of it but atm its kind of confusing :)

Littlemisspiggy, thanks a bunch :).. Yea its pretty hard to stay motivated when he is eating like pie and chips and ive got wicked pms and would love that lol but... From what i worked out my points are 33, which isnt too bad for me anyway. Ive never eaten a lot its just the stuff i ate that got me lol. Like i said in another thread, my dad is like my "dealer" and sends me all sorts of nice candies and sweets from america.. Ive got a whole box full that im trying to stay away from :s though i keep my wii it board on top of it so to get to it i first have to movr it which stops me pretty good most of the time lol.. I just imagine its little voice off the game goin "no you must resist" lol.

GO you! resist the sweets or make ur husband eat them all or give them to a skinny cousin!!
I've the wii fit board next to my telly so everytime i go to have a sit on the couch to watch telly i look at the board and think...'man.. i may get up on it for 30 mins before watching telly' it sucks at times but i have to force myself to do it and then reward with telly/facebook or cigarette.. (which I know is a horrible habit but eh... yea)

So far so good :)

GL!!

What do you enjoy on it?

Hear so much about wii fit on these thread, wish I hasn't sold mine! Good luck MrsPayne212.

Aymz said:
Hear so much about wii fit on these thread, wish I hasn't sold mine! Good luck MrsPayne212.

Thanks :) yea my husband works for gamestation so he got one second hand pretty cheap.. I love it though been using it a month and still havent done everything on it yet :) i do a bit of dance games as well for some fun cardio

Back