Newbie on board - the start of my journey

Hi Everyone

I've just come across the site and thought I would introduce myself.

I started the Lipotrim program on Monday with a starting weight of 21st 6lbs. I'm 5ft 11inch tall so I've always managed to carry my weight better than most but this reduced me to tears as I thought it was absolutely shocking. Its the heaviest that I have ever been and I'm aiming to lose about 9 stone in total which I know is going to take some time and will be hard work.

I started Lipotrim yesterday and found it ridiculously hard. Today has been a bit better but I've still got the headaches, however, I haven't wanted to eat today though so that in itself is a good start and I'm feeling more positive about the whole thing.

I've been dieting for years but always got stuck after a losing a few stone and given up after not getting anywhere at the weekly weigh-ins.

So here I am, on my Lipotrim journey, hoping that I'll be able to see it through till the end.

I have to admit that the things I am missing the most is my tea and coffee but I prefer it that there's no food involved as with other weight loss regimes, where only certain foods were restricted, and I often made decisions such as '1 day off the diet won't hurt, I'll make it up tomorrow' which isn't a wise choice to make, as most will know.

I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday and I hope to carry on the good work.

May I also just say, I think that you're all amazing people for what you're trying to achieve and wish you all the best of luck!

xxx

Hiya frustrated!! Welcome to LT!!!

Your about the same height as me! :D

Welcome to LT and I promise you that it gets sooo much easier once you hit ketosis!!

And you grow to adore the shakes! i still miss them lol!!

At first... Keep yourself busy... Cleaning... Pampering yourself... etc etc!!

Try to get the days by until you hit ketosis!!

Black coffee was my god send throughout LT! Would you not take it black??

Good luck xxxx

Hi and welcome

Best of luck with your journey it is a very rewarding diet and am sure you will do fine

It gets much easier once the first week is up so just hang in there

Hi and welcome. I can totally relate to what you said about other diets, I always thought 'one more won't hurt' or 'I'll have this now and cut back tomorrow' of course the reality is that one more did hurt and I never did cut back !! With food out of the equation it takes away the temptation.

Good luck on your Lipotrim journey, stick to it.....it really does work!! :D:D

Or the whole... "i'll start again on Monday" is my favourite lol!!

Oh yes....I've used that one plenty of times too!!!

Thief thats what i was sayin to u yesterday lol

Excuseeee moi!!

I agreed that I said that all the time turd face :p

Frustrated also... Take measurements and before pictures so you have something to compare too... I regretted not doing this xx

Hi Frustrated, and welcome. Its a great diet and so motivational when you have that 1st weigh in.

I couldn't do without my hot drinks and now take my tea black. I didn't like it at first but now, even when I reach my target weight I'm going to keep having it black.

Your taste buds really do change.

Good Luck!

Hi
welcome and well done for starting, you won't regret it. My start weigh was almost like yours so I know that feeling of frustration and shock when you say it out loud. I am on week 6 and down almost 2 and a half stone. Already I feel better, more confident and can see changes in myself that motivate me to see more, this too will happen for you. Most of us are on here because we are serial dieters but here is our chance to finally put that firmly behind us and kick this habit. This forum is a safe place for us where we can rant, wonder, tell our fears, seek help, motivate and be motivated in turn.
I want to wish you all the best for this week, come on here as often as you can, drink the water, stick to it 100% and we will all look forward to your first weigh in on Monday. I weigh in then too so will keep an eye out for your posts. Best of luck.
Doirin

Warm welcome to you Frustrated.
You'vw made a great decision to use LT :)

i started at 19.5 stone and was pretty shocked/horrified when i realised i was that heavy. Anyhoo, on 15 weeks i've lost over half of the 9 stone i want to lose :):)

i too love that food doesn't even come into the equation - and was surprised that i managed to stick at any diet for more than 3 weeks!

i miss my milky tea when i have period pains but i can't abbide it black so go without and it's no hardship really. i can take coffee black, though i'd rather have a latte ;) but adding espresso powder to a vanilla shake in the mornings is a fine substitue.

Hi Frustrated, I started on Monday too with my weigh in on 22/6! I have 7 stone to loose and this is the heaviest i have been and that is including carrying twins!!!! How have you found your first few days? I am sooo glad my headaches are finally coming to an end. I can honestly sat I havent felt starving today only peckish, have a glug of water and It seems to go. Didnt help watching masterchef this eveining as i felt i could have eaten everything that was presented!! lol!! I felt strong and just kept thinking 'I want to be slim, not like this anymore'!

Keep in touch Bx

hi and welcome :) YOU CAN DO THIS....i have been on LT for a month and just joined this wonderful forum. I too found the first week hard but i thought of the shakes as a medicine for my weight loss and after day 3/4 it became easier. Keeping busy is a good way to keep you distracted...my worst time was evenings but i have started to take a bath and pamper myself during the evenings....nails, face masks etc. My skin has never been so good!!! lol
Also if you're really hacked off come on here and have a natter or go to chit chat and do some of the fun quizzes on there.
Hang in there girl....here's to the slimmer future :D

Hi there,

Well done for getting on the LT train. You'll do great, I'm sure of it. As others have said, if you feel you are getting down or need a chat, pop on here as the site really does help.
Everyone is just so nice and will help you if you need it.
Loads of luck hun x x

Hiya, Welcome on the Lipotrain. It's a great diet if you have lots to lose. The first week is the hardest but after your first wi you know that you've made the right decision.
I have my coffee & tea black and really like it know. But I know there are sweeter that some people add to the shakes etc maybe these could be added to your coffee or tea which might sweeten it a wee bit for you like the milk did. Or you can have herbal leaf teas, some might be nice too. Good luck!

Hi Frustrated

You have come to the right place gal. I know when I got on the scales at the chemist and they went into the over obese range...well I could have hidden under the carpet! This weight loss journey is so hard I don't think people understand, EXCEPT for all the lovely people on this forum.
The first week can be hard ( I had horrible headaches...bit like a hangover detox) but I am now going into my sixth week, already I have lost 22lbs which I could never have done on any of the other diets I have done....and there have been many!!
Use this time to retrain your approach to food (which I suppose has got us into this trouble) and learn to like drinking water, it really does stave off hunger. I find my skin clear, eyes clear, head clear, I sleep so well ( I guess its because I'm not overstuffed with last nights supper and half a bottle of red wine :sigh:)
The LT website has a half hour video clip on how to approach LT, I found it very helpful.
Good luck...we all look forward to hearing how you get on. ;)

Hi i started Lt on wednesday though my first weigh in will be tuesday afternoon on day to and finding it ok not hungry but the need to eat is so strong found myself chewing on my babies dummy when i am feeding the boys ha ha i like the fact like you there is no food finding it hard to drink 4 + pint of water but mesured my cup and had 2pint before lunch so better today good luck hope we both get good results x

Thanks ladies and gents. I'm having a much better day today :)

First day without a headache thank goodness, however - I am cold. I'm having to sit in work with my jacket on but I can cope with that.

Hope you're all having a good day ;) xx

I did want to ask one thing, it says that you're supposed to drink the shakes within 15 minutes of making them, however its easier for me to make in the morning and stick it in the fridge at work till lunch time. Does anyone else do this? It does affect the taste a little bit but if thats the only difference it will make, I'm happy to carry on. However, if I really shouldn't be doing that then I will stop. Anyone got any thoughts???

Thanks

No sorry - you have to drink them within the 15 mins - something to do with the nutrients .... not sure exactly but it's a definite no no.

When you can have the flapjacks they might be more convenient for you. People will say they're horrible but I got on fine with them.

Well done for doing yourself this big favour! Make the most of your journey - sorting out your relationship with food etc - and enjoy the ride!! :) xx

Back