Newbie on the Exante

Ashcam90

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well, just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm ash, a 22yrold female in Norwich. I recently gained quite a bit of weight and looking to lose it to go back to my confident happy size10 self!
I started on the Exante diet today, and have found it ok so far (I know it's only early days!!) . I was just wondering if anyone had any hints or tips on how to keep yourself going. I really want to lose weight, but know I will struggle without eating meat and eating different meals to my OH. It's fine when I'm at work, but when I'm at home it will be difficult!

Look forward to hearing from you!!

Hi there Ash,

I too have just started Exante - well just completed day 3 on total solution although I have cheated each day :( not a lot, but a little 'taste' of flavour has passed my lips each day.

I bought the shakes & bars initially but I've now ordered the soups and a porridge to try - they should be with me tomorrow, weather permitting!

Last night (day two) I could not stop thinking about food :( food consumed my every thought. It's hard fighting that! Well I didn't, I ate some chicken. Only a little bit though.. But I was soo hungry :(

What day are you on and how are you getting on?

Ps I did however resist fried chicken this evening that my daughter ordered so I'm proud of myself for that!

Hiya!

I'm now coming to the end of day 5, been eating the bars, porridge and carbonara each day, and have already lost 9 pounds!! It's such a good feeling, it is giving me the motivation to carry on.
I have had a few extras here and there, half a slice of toast, a normal cup of tea ( with milk!! Heaven) but apart from that I have been pretty militant.
I find myself drinking about 3 litres of water everyday, which fills the hunger void. So would really advise that.
I'm now at the point where the hunger is getting less, and have made sure my boyfriend eats his dinner before I'm in from work which helps!
Well done for resisting the fried chicken, I don't think I'd be able to!!
The porridge is really tasty and filling. Make sure you crush the powder/oats as much as possible though because 1 whole lump of it, is not great!!!
Good luck and let me know how your getting on!!!

I stupidly placed an order for the soups and forgot to add the Carbonara!! I could have kicked myself!! Grrr

I must say I'm worried about liking the soups but it'll make a change from sweet shakes (not sure if you've checked the 'how do you have your shakes' threads - some great options of making them a little different, hot/cold/adding stuff to add some variation - well worth a read - also has a way of turning the porridge into cookies. I'm gonna try that!)

The left over fried chicken is still in the fridge - untouched by me. Yay!

Today I've found it MUCH easier, so far (at 6pm) I've had a third of a bar, plus a vanilla shake (made hot, with coffee) and not really feeling hungry I will have my other shake soon and the rest of the bar with my tea around bedtime.

One thing though, I kinda DON'T want to weigh myself at all. Is that weird? I've never been into weights, for me it's all about how you feel. However since starting this diet half of my dilemmas have been with food, the other half with scales!! Do I? Don't I?

I did however measure myself in full before starting... I might start weighing myself, who knows :0)

Especially when I read on day 5 you've lost 5 pounds - that's BRILLIANT!!! Well done!!

I'm also glad your boyfriend is supportive towards your goal :)

It's win win!! x

Well I was so on track for doing 100% yesterday. Paced myself really well and by 7pm I still had 2/3 of my bar still to eat and one more shake. Then about 9.30 my daughter came home & I made her pasta stir in and I ate 3 twists of pasta. I know it's not the end of the world but I was a little annoyed with myself. Oh well, today is a new day :)

hope you're managing ok x

Back