NEWBIE please help

jaloanna

Hi there Ive just been prescribed orlistat/ xen by my dr, also doing slimming world... any help and advise would be brilliant.. ive ready nearly all the other threads on here so I know what to expect... scared?? hell yes!! :eek:

no need to be scared hon. i know it might seem dauting atm but as long as u stick to the rules u will be fine. orlistat when used propley can give u very good results :) r u doing excersise alongside with it? u will be suprised on how many foods there are out there that are in the 'xen' rules. good luck with your journey and keep us all updated with your results xx

Last edited:
It is a little scary at the start but if you follow the 'rules' you will be ok. I have been ok on them but I have been careful with what I eat. Only had side effects once but I had eaten a Chinese takeaway so it was no great surprise!
Keep posting and you will find lots of help and support on here.
Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks guys, I think its def gonna work as I am soooo scared to eat anything!! today Ive had
weetabix and semi skimmed milk, banana and apple,

Grilled chicken salad with a piece of wholemeal bread and a muller light

Cottage pie with carrot and swede (mad with 200g xlean mince and beef oxo cube) and a muller light

does this sound right? Also can you have alpen lights
fry light (sparingly)
baked beans
and would roast chicken be ok without the skin? and cooked in nothing but its own juices?

Thanks so much for the hlp and sorry for all the questions xx

jaloanna said:
Thanks guys, I think its def gonna work as I am soooo scared to eat anything!! today Ive had
weetabix and semi skimmed milk, banana and apple,

Grilled chicken salad with a piece of wholemeal bread and a muller light

Cottage pie with carrot and swede (mad with 200g xlean mince and beef oxo cube) and a muller light

does this sound right? Also can you have alpen lights
fry light (sparingly)
baked beans
and would roast chicken be ok without the skin? and cooked in nothing but its own juices?

Thanks so much for the hlp and sorry for all the questions xx

Sounds a good day :)

Some alpen lights are over The rules, I think someone said the apple and sultana is ok
Fry light is ok
Check the labels on the baked beans but should be fine
Roast chicken without skin should be fine too

Just watch portion sizes :)

Hi & welcome!

I use fry light every day & have done from the beginning, also chicken is eaten loads in our house.

WW sausage is a nice change & feels like a naughty tea. As does sainsburys bgty breaded cod (with oven chips & mushy peas)

Onwards & downwards x

Thankyou, its so hard to start with, trying to figure out what can and cant be eaten! especially as I'm still trying to do slimming world as well. How do you cope without eggs and gravy??

I have eggs but tread carefully as doesn't agree with every one ;)

I waited about 6 weeks to try eggs but was fine & have been fine with Bisto best even though it's 5 point something fat. I couldn't cope without gravy!!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:Welcome along!
The guys have already given you the soundest advice. Best of luck on your journey, and keep us posted on your progress!

thanks both, I will definately keep you posted, good and bad lol hopefully not too much of the bad :/ As for the gravy and eggs, thank god there is a little hope. Just hope these little blue things work as this is the last resort i think. Can I ask how long it took before you noticed any changes to suggest that theyve started working?

jaloanna said:
thanks both, I will definately keep you posted, good and bad lol hopefully not too much of the bad :/ As for the gravy and eggs, thank god there is a little hope. Just hope these little blue things work as this is the last resort i think. Can I ask how long it took before you noticed any changes to suggest that theyve started working?

Within about 24 hours for me :)

well heres to day 2! Am a little more nervous about today as its more in my system AND I have work tonight which I am praying I am going to get through withouht any problems :/
For breakfast I had 30g rice krispies and milk with an apple, banana and a alpen light bar (the ones your allowed) and for lunch I am planning on having meatballs (200g e lean beef mince) with tomato and basil passata for a sauce served with spaghetti, with chuck a fruit salad in for dessert to get the fruit intake up, I think this sounds ok but if anyone wants to correct me feel free to do so!

glad to know that some people can have a few things that id struggle without long term.. just had my meatballs and spaghetti for lunch, was surprised to learn that spaghetti had fat in it... glad i checked first ;/ still no obvious signs that the pills have started to work yet..

jaloanna said:
glad to know that some people can have a few things that id struggle without long term.. just had my meatballs and spaghetti for lunch, was surprised to learn that spaghetti had fat in it... glad i checked first ;/ still no obvious signs that the pills have started to work yet..

I would day the only thing I notice was that my poo changed colour & consistency slightly. Never had the tango thankfully but I'm assured it happens lol x

jaloanna said:
Lexie I pray that I follow you and dont have any sudden tango moments.

I think I've been lucky! I did turkey mince one day & when I checked it was 8%, was so worried lol x

lol you just dont think there is fat in certain things do you? Does anyone else struggle to eat 15g of fat per meal, I think all my meals combined today have totalled about 20g :/ and ive been stuffed, any ideas?

Back