Newbie Returning - How did I get here?

DivaOnaDiet

Hi all,

Like other recent posters - very sad to see the Century club isn't more active! But I will still post here to see if it encourages a bit of activity.

So, I bought some new scales today and weighed in - 23 stone, 5 pounds (327lbs / 148.3kg). Ideally, I'd like to lose about 10 stone, but... baby steps!

Really disappointed in myself to have got to this point and this time - I don't know what's happened but I've just started gain quickly and it's scary. I've always been overweight and generally yo-yo'd between 16 and 20 stone, however I gave up smoking in January and just started gaining weight rapidly. About 3 stone in the last 4 months - and it's weird, in the past I've always known at any point - if I had the motivation - I could lose weight really quickly like I have done in the past, but with these recent gains I don't feel like I have that sort of control over it anymore and I'm worried that I can't reverse what's happening.

Anyway - it's really started to affect my quality of life over the past 6 months. I avoid having to bend over for anything now, I'm exhausted all the time, it's getting harder to lift myself out of bed, I'm not able to do my job properly as parts of it involve activities with weight restrictions, etc. I know that I'm at a critical point and if I don't turn it around this time there might not be another time.

Today, not only did I buy my new scales, I also bought 2x16 servings of GNC Lean Shake, which is some sort of meal replacement product, and a blender so that I can blend it with ice into milkshakes.

From tomorrow morning I will get back on the food replacement boat and hopefully start a very important journey!

I hope other centurians come out and start using this forum as it would be great to support and be supported by others with similar goals :)

Joe x

I am about 312 lbs and at 5f 7 want to get down to 10 stone too xxx

How are you doing? xxxx

Hi Diva,

My start weight is around 148kg and I ultimately want to lose around 10 stone, too, though I'll set the exact goal weight when I get much, much closer to there. Its scary, isn't it? I'm trying to break it down in to much smaller goals but it still seems so much!

I started last summer and did really well, lost about 9kg and was really positive. I don't know what went wrong, soon got back up to 148kg. Started again earlier this year, lost a couple of kg and then things started going wrong at home. So starting again at around 148kg.

I see from your signature you've already made brilliant progress - well done and good luck for the rest of the journey!

Back