Extra Easy newbie saying hi!

picklejar

Hello all. I joined sw last night. I have a 2 year old and 3 month old and I'm ready to get the baby weigh shifting! I'm still breastfeeding so keen to keep my food intake up and sw seems very easy to do :)

I'm 5ft2 and weighed in at 11st 6lbs, far too big. Before I had my daughter I was 9 stone so I'd like to get back to that in the long run.

Quick question....my leader said quorn sausages are free to eat but in the book it has a syn value. I'm doing extra easy. Can you let me know what's right?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome! I started last week and am shifting baby weight too! You're right - quorn sausages are 1 syn each regardless of what plan you are on. They used to be free but quorn changed its recipe. Good luck!

Hi I'm another relatively new mummy my little boy is 4 months! There is a bf and Sw sticky u might want to join!

Yes quorn sausages r now synned, I now buy m&s butchers choice reduced fat sausages as they r also 1 syn xx

Welcome to slimming world and the forum! Weight watchers do sausages for half a syn each and they're ok if you're after a sausage fix. (Does that sound wrong? ;) )

Well done for joining!

For veggie sausages, the Linda McCartney Rosemary and 'stuff' sausages (know they have rosemary in them, can't recall what the other ingredient on the box was!) are free, but the other 'standard' LMc sausages are 2 syns each. Prefer them to Quorn ones myself, although a matter of taste.

If not looking for veggie sausages, the Tesco reduced fat cumberland sausages are nice at half a syn each, although there are loads of different supermarkets' reduced fat sausages that are in the syn-each (or so) range.

Some great recipes on here and on the SW site, to help with variety, which I have found to be the key to sticking to this....the only diet I have ever stuck to!

Good luck with it and don't be afraid to shout for help :)

Back