Newbie - should I start now or after Xmas??

Rosieposie88

Hi all,

So heres a bit about Me, names Rosie, im 22, 5"7 and 20 stone. I'm meeting with my counsellor tomorrow at half past 1!! Im so exited to get going. I'm feeling really motivated right now and can't wait to get started.

My partner said this morning that he spoke to his mum about it! I didnt want anyone to know until I knew I could do it! Anyway she said she wouldnt do it again now that she's doing well on slimming world. She only has a stone or two to loose. I feel, well I'm not really sure how I feel about that. It's not like she has to loose half her body weight like i do! She also said she doesn't think it would be a good idea to start before Christmas because of not eating chritsmas dinner and not eating chocolate! I feel that if I wait until after christmas I might loose my motivation!

What do you all think? Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. How hard is staying on the right path at christmas?

I really need to do this for so many reasons, the main one is health. I will talk more about that later.

Cheers

Rosie xx

hi . I think you have to listen to what your thinking and not let others confuse you .
but first over xmas do you want to eat , and boxing day , and what about new year .
Maybe just listen to your own ideas , but might be good to start SW ?? what do you think ?

Its really up to you chick. If you're really in the zone now and motivated, I'd probably start now. The most important thing to do in my opinion, is to work out if you want to be 100% over Christmas or have some 'planned eats'.

For example, I'm definitely not planning to be stuffing my face with cheese and chocs and yummy treats for 2 weeks, but over the next few weeks, I have 4 'planned eats' (9th Dec - works Christmas lunch, 25th Dec - Christmas dinner only, try to stick to protein and veg as much as possible, 28th Dec - friends meal and 31st Dec - anniversary meal with OH). Apparently the BEST way to eat on this diet, is to plan really well your eating and what you will eat and exactly WHEN you will get back on track again - so that you don't say oh well I'll have Christmas day off, then Boxing day comes around and you notice a buffet and think what the hell I'll have some of that, then the next day - then you're well and truly off the wagon!

Go for it chick - there are some on here who are planning to be 100% SS over the festive period so if you want to do this, you won't be alone.

Xxx

Thanks for your replys. I really want to start tomorrow, I may go 100% all the way or have a meal xas day only. I will have to talk to my partner and see what he would prefer. Don't want to make him feel to uncomfortable. I'm really Hoping I don't have to delay starting. Got a flat tyre today and my spare is bald so need to buy at least two new tyres! That may slow me down.

Will update you soon. I'm sure I'm going to become a forum addict once I take food out of my days.

Thanks again.

Rosie xx

Hope you worked out what will be best for you Rosie. I get what your partners mum was saying but its tough when you have a lot to lose. I looked at SW and WW and figured that if I lost 1-2 lbs a week I would still be dieting in 2 years time - and thats assuming I didn't cheat. Sometimes people without so much to lose just don't get the enormity of it! I stated this at the end of Sep and it has been great ...so far..

Good luck with whichever way you go.

Thanks so much for your help. I stated yesterday! My family will understand why I chose this route when I explain my reasoning to them. My weight as caused so many problems. But that's a whole other topic. I will post soon to let everyone know all about me. Maybe someone out there knows what I've been through.

Thanks again.

Rosie x

Hiya i am in the same boat i have only told my mum (Also my CDC) and my OH, i dont want any1 else knowing.
I had the same prob I wanted to start in the new year enjoy my christmas. But I will be starting on Monday, then I will be stopping Xmas eve, starting again on the 27th the stopping again for new year wkend.

I am in the right frame of mind now and want to lose this weight. If you start now u can't stop for Xmas but just watch what your eating don't go crazy and waste what you have already lost.

It is 100% up to you, only you can decide how you do this.

Hi Rosie, I was a bit nervous about starting before Christmas but i thought ' i'd rather lose a bit before xmas and put it back on than put MORE on over christmas because then its harder to lose :)

My mum said the same thing-that I should just try and eat a bit less or do a "normal" diet with food.She doesn't get that I'd be dieting for over 2 years on a "normal" diet. I am planning to stay 100% over xmas.I was meant to do an add a meal week this week but I've delayed it till next week so I can have some turkey/white fish/green veg and not be tempted to eat.

Hi all, I started today aswell, have been on this diet before andam so in the zone to do it again, did it in 2007 and lost over 3 stone and have only put on 7lbs, feel ready for this and will want to lose another 2 stone, have to do it in stages as I can take the toilet business ended up in hospital last time and it took them a whole week to clear me out and didnt dare tell them what diet I was on!! not a nice subject to talk about but it's part of the diet, any tips on not getting in that position again would be helpful as water just does not seem to do it. hope you all had a wonderfull xmas and look forward to seeing a little less of you all in the new year!!! am sure we will all shrink!! xx

Its really up to you chick. If you're really in the zone now and motivated, I'd probably start now. The most important thing to do in my opinion, is to work out if you want to be 100% over Christmas or have some 'planned eats'.

For example, I'm definitely not planning to be stuffing my face with cheese and chocs and yummy treats for 2 weeks, but over the next few weeks, I have 4 'planned eats' (9th Dec - works Christmas lunch, 25th Dec - Christmas dinner only, try to stick to protein and veg as much as possible, 28th Dec - friends meal and 31st Dec - anniversary meal with OH). Apparently the BEST way to eat on this diet, is to plan really well your eating and what you will eat and exactly WHEN you will get back on track again - so that you don't say oh well I'll have Christmas day off, then Boxing day comes around and you notice a buffet and think what the hell I'll have some of that, then the next day - then you're well and truly off the wagon!

Go for it chick - there are some on here who are planning to be 100% SS over the festive period so if you want to do this, you won't be alone.

Xxx

Well said Jill, planned eats is such a good idea, and it's not a case of stopping and starting - a pattern you don't want to get into!

Did you decide to start before xmas or did you wait until after? I know I found it hard doing CD over xmas before so I decided to wait until I start back at work. Even though I'm geared up for it I also want the conditions to be right, so important! When I'm at work it's much easier to stick to the shakes, water etc... If I get off on the right foot it sets me up well for sucess with this diet! It's a full on diet so if you can avoid a struggled start then it looks good for the long haul :D

ness x

Back