newbie starting monday !

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by tegansmum, 22 January 2010 Social URL.

1. tegansmum

tegansmum New Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hi all im starting slimming world next week i also intend to give up smoking at the same time , ive decided its time too lose weight and get fit for my daughter she is 15months old i am pretty overweight need to lose around 5 stone , tried the cambridge but made me too dizzy and carrying a toddler around when you are dizzy is not good , on top of slimming world i am also going to go to a thai boxing class to tone up and help the fitness .

anytips would be great , as i really need to do this for my health i want to be here to see my daughter grow .

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi, welcome to minimims. Slimming world is great, you can actually eat when you're hungry and still lose weight. The plan takes a little getting used to, to start with, so any questions just ask. Are you getting help giving up smoking? Good luck x

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Wow starting a diet AND giving up smoking! Best of luck for that. And great idea to start on the exercise straight away. You will find lots of support and advice here x

5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum and to SW xxx

6. tegansmum

tegansmum New Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hiya ladies , been reading through the forum for a few days and there is some great inspiration on here , yes i will be trying patches with the smoking .x

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Hun!!!

I have never smoked, but my parents used to and I know how difficult it was for them to stop, so I admire anyone that tries. Not only you will benefit from it, but also your Daughter - although you dont need me to tell you that!
    As for the plan, my advice would be to prepare and plan, write everything down that you eat and before it goes into your mouth, find the syn value out first as in past experience foods that you think would be low in syns arent and you may go over your limit. If something has a measure, weigh it accurately, dont "guesstimate".

Good luck and Im sure you will do well.

x

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your weight loss.

9. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    welcome to the forum and good luck on your weight loss and your stopping smoking.

I gave up smoking coming up 3 years in May, and its the best thing to have ever done. xx

10. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum and to SW. I still can't recommend the SW diet highly enough. Good Luck on losing weight and stopping the smoking habit.

11. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just wanted to add that there is also another forum on Minimins for Stopping Smoking, so you may also want to join in on those discussions.

12. sharon09

sharon09 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.02%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    my supervisor goes to slimming world and is also giving up smoking at the same time and she is doing really well! well good luck you will love it xx

13. GracieMai

GracieMai Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gave up smoking at the same time as joing SW, best thing I have ever done. I looked at like this: I'm making a change in my eating habits for the better, so I can make the best choices food wise, I might as well tstop smoking at the same time so I am not replacing copius amounts of fatty foods with cigs. First week = me, grumpy, couldnt sleep or go to the loo. Second week = happier, relaxed, richer me! Believe me it's worth the withdrawals.
    Wish you really good luck with the giving up smoking and SW. Your SW consultant will give you a leaflet if you tell her your giving up smoking too.
    You can do it, I have every faith in you!! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.