newbie starting monday !

tegansmum

hi all im starting slimming world next week i also intend to give up smoking at the same time , ive decided its time too lose weight and get fit for my daughter she is 15months old i am pretty overweight need to lose around 5 stone , tried the cambridge but made me too dizzy and carrying a toddler around when you are dizzy is not good , on top of slimming world i am also going to go to a thai boxing class to tone up and help the fitness .

anytips would be great , as i really need to do this for my health i want to be here to see my daughter grow .

Hi, welcome to minimims. Slimming world is great, you can actually eat when you're hungry and still lose weight. The plan takes a little getting used to, to start with, so any questions just ask. Are you getting help giving up smoking? Good luck x

Wow starting a diet AND giving up smoking! Best of luck for that. And great idea to start on the exercise straight away. You will find lots of support and advice here x

hiya ladies , been reading through the forum for a few days and there is some great inspiration on here , yes i will be trying patches with the smoking .x

Well done Hun!!!

I have never smoked, but my parents used to and I know how difficult it was for them to stop, so I admire anyone that tries. Not only you will benefit from it, but also your Daughter - although you dont need me to tell you that!
As for the plan, my advice would be to prepare and plan, write everything down that you eat and before it goes into your mouth, find the syn value out first as in past experience foods that you think would be low in syns arent and you may go over your limit. If something has a measure, weigh it accurately, dont "guesstimate".

Good luck and Im sure you will do well.

x

welcome to the forum and good luck on your weight loss and your stopping smoking.

I gave up smoking coming up 3 years in May, and its the best thing to have ever done. xx

Welcome to the forum and to SW. I still can't recommend the SW diet highly enough. Good Luck on losing weight and stopping the smoking habit.

Just wanted to add that there is also another forum on Minimins for Stopping Smoking, so you may also want to join in on those discussions.

hi all im starting slimming world next week i also intend to give up smoking at the same time , ive decided its time too lose weight and get fit for my daughter she is 15months old i am pretty overweight need to lose around 5 stone , tried the cambridge but made me too dizzy and carrying a toddler around when you are dizzy is not good , on top of slimming world i am also going to go to a thai boxing class to tone up and help the fitness .

anytips would be great , as i really need to do this for my health i want to be here to see my daughter grow .
my supervisor goes to slimming world and is also giving up smoking at the same time and she is doing really well! well good luck you will love it xx

I gave up smoking at the same time as joing SW, best thing I have ever done. I looked at like this: I'm making a change in my eating habits for the better, so I can make the best choices food wise, I might as well tstop smoking at the same time so I am not replacing copius amounts of fatty foods with cigs. First week = me, grumpy, couldnt sleep or go to the loo. Second week = happier, relaxed, richer me! Believe me it's worth the withdrawals.
Wish you really good luck with the giving up smoking and SW. Your SW consultant will give you a leaflet if you tell her your giving up smoking too.
You can do it, I have every faith in you!! xxx

Back