Newbie starting tomorrow

lovelyle

Hi There

My name is Leigh and I will be starting the Cambridge ss+ tomorrow for the first time, it is kind of a last ditch attempt for me. I have literally tried everything and for as long as I can remember have been on one diet or another but keep getting bigger!!!

I am about 16 stone but my CDC is coming tomorrow morning to get me started and weigh me in properly.

Alot of my friends and family think I am mad starting this type of diet in December but I know if I put it off anymore I am just gonna get bigger and bigger!

I need all the support I can get and really will be doing it 100%!

I look forward to gettin g to know you all and sharing this experience with you!

Good luck - this is a great forum to be on - everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

Hi and welcome to the gang :) It's great here. We all have each other's best interests at heart and the support is fantastic! Post when you feel up, down or sideways.. there's usually someone around who has had a similar feeling.

Friends and family will never really understand so most of us stick to the bare bones. I explained it's medically safe, is supervised and is not a "quick fix" but away to develop new behaviours around food. Most of us have "failed" at previous diets because it's our behaviours and feelings that are the major issue not just how many calories we put in our mouths. CD can help you learn to deal with life without turning to food if you let it. Your mindset is crucial to success so I'd suggest you have a read around thedietguy.co.uk as he explains it all brilliantly (and has been through this himself .. you will see him post on here as "icemoose").

Thanks for your replies I am really excited to get started. will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

You will enjoy being part of our family, here my love.......welcome aboard x

welcome to minimins and the cambridge diet! good luck with your first week hun, just keep yourself busy until your into ketosis and the swing of things

welcome and good luck , minimins is a great place and CD is an amzing diet , you can do it !!
Starting before christmas is not foolish at all , there is always something coming up that makes us put off starting a diet so you just have to go for it when your head is in the right place :)

Good luck!!
December is a good a time to start as any!! You'll be looking fab in your Christmas outfit! I put off this diet for ages cos of friends and families opinions and ideas. I finally realised this was something I needed to do for ME regardless of disapproval from anyone! If I hadn't put it off so long I'd be at goal by now....but better late than never!!
There's always someone on here to give u a kick up the bum :)
Good luck!! Xx

This is a great place for support I couldn't do it without these guys. You will see spectacular results very quickly.

This forum is a great resource, whether you need advice, support or just some info. And your family might surprise you - mine did! They were a little sceptical at first, but after I lost about two stone in the first month, they were convinced it was the best thing ever. My dad even signed up, and has lost four stone himself (in two months!). I promise this is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Good luck!

Best of luck with it. Looking forward to seeing you around x

hiya huni - im about the same weight as you and starting tomoro on ss - we should help eachother keep going!! ive started a diary on the cd diary forum - pop in lol!!! and good luck luvvie :) xxx

Back