Newbie- struggling any advice?

Hello there, week 3 for me on CD SS and I'm finding it really hard going :cry: and could really do with some advice and support! To tell you a little about myself..I did LLife last year and managed to loose 4 stone for my wedding :) but before I knew it I had returned to my old ways and to my size 16 clothes! How does 4 stone creep back on so quickly?!Couldn't face doing that a second time so I decided to give CD a go.. Week 1 I lost 5lbs, week 2 I had a friends dinner party and so ended up eating that day but stuck to it otherwise..only lost a 1lb! week 3 and so far nothing!! I could cry :sigh: .. is this normal? I thought the weight would fall off? the only thing i can think of is that i have been substituting CD porridge with plain Oats so simple to keep the cost down- would this make a big difference? want to stick with it but don't feel as if i'm in ketosis and am struggling, would really appreciate any advice anyone has..

H:)

Last edited:
Hey cupcake fairy, in my experience from reading peoples posts on the forums this diet does not allow for an deviation from the diet, soooo.....your week two if you ate out then a 1lb loss is probably good!!! then with regards the porridge, you cannot put extra oats in the porridge, ketosis occurs because of the minimal carbohydrate we are eating, so by adding extra oats you are adding extra carbs, and you not being in ketosis could be the reason you are feeling a bit low and emotional,

you know it has worked for you when you did LL so just stick to it 100% and the weight will drop off!!!! xxxx

Hi Jessywoohoo, many thanks for ur replies :) that does make sense now you've said that about the carbs! I had wondered.. I don't know what happens to me when I'm on a diet, all common sense seems to go out of the window! I had been feeling quiet depressed and low which is unlike me,so I'll make sure I pick up some porridge on tues (weigh in). I think I'm remembering LLife through rose tinted glasses too, as it seemed that one minute I was a size 18 the next a size 12!
Best of luck with your journey, you don't have far to go :)
Hx

hi cupcakefairy ss is so strict if you eat or drink 1 thing other than your products you risk knocking yourself out of ketosis.which is why you feel like c**p hunnie.when you get past the 1st 3 or 4 days just with your products you will start to feel better and not physically hungry the emotional side is a different matter when you crave food even though your not hungry i suppose this is just about changing our habbits.which is good practice for the future when were maintaining.keep looking at other peoples posts it really does help as were all in the same boat good luck :)

Ah bless u thanks mum of five :) I think I thought I could just get away with picking! I am off on holiday in 10 days to an all-inclusive and am just hoping I can stick to sensible choices such as protein.
Hope your having a good day :)
Hx

Oh Mum of five just saw ur friend request :) hope I've accepted ok?! am new to all this so let me know if I've not done it properly!
Hx

Ahh cupcakefairy (ooh even typing the makes me drool haha!)

I feel your pain, slow losses are so negatively impacting, and this is why you are feeling low. You will not lose weight if you subsititute anything, sometimes even a bit of squash or milk can affect you if you are sensitive.

I suggest starting a clean slate, clear the cupboards, clear your mind, and forget the past. At least you lost, which is great considering you have been eating some carbs too..

Dot fret, you can start over, and you WILL feel great, but the first few days will feel very hard, compared to what you have done so far, as the porridge may have helped stave off the hunger initially..

Anyway, I really hope you manage to get yourself back on track, remember we are only human honey! xxx

Back