Green Days newbie struggling

kelly2011

hi. Im new today and struggling to fit in my HEB choices. had jacket with cottage cheese and spaghetti with passata so feeling stuffed! The HEB choices dont appeal to me... what can i do to get them into my diet?

kelly2011 said:
hi. Im new today and struggling to fit in my HEB choices. had jacket with cottage cheese and spaghetti with passata so feeling stuffed! The HEB choices dont appeal to me... what can i do to get them into my diet?

Hifi bars or alpen lights are a great way to use them up and get a sweet fix. Extra virgin olive oil can be used as a hexb in your cooking.

What do you plan on having for breakfast because lots of the hexb are breakfasty sort of foods.

I am in the same situation, I was trying to day to get the healthy extra B options into my day somewhere but struggled to, I don't want to eat something I don't really want just to get them in, I would rather go without. I will be doing all green days for that exact reason.

i was thinking of eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and tomatoes for brekkie tomorrow. not keen on meat and eat very little bread. will stock up on alpen bars tomorrow. Thanks

VixToVixen said:
I am in the same situation, I was trying to day to get the healthy extra B options into my day somewhere but struggled to, I don't want to eat something I don't really want just to get them in, I would rather go without. I will be doing all green days for that exact reason.

I agree. Dont want to eat for the sake of it! Just didnt know if the diet would still work without all the healthy extras.

kelly2011 said:
i was thinking of eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and tomatoes for brekkie tomorrow. not keen on meat and eat very little bread. will stock up on alpen bars tomorrow. Thanks

They have to be alpen light bars... You can have 2 for hexb.
Could you not have a slice of toast with your breakfast?
Or on green there's nuts and seeds you could have or extra cheese or some houmous.

As you may be able to tell I love my healthy extras, wish I could have more sometimes!

kelly2011 said:

I use crackerbreads Alot great for choc spreads for that choc fix or with homemade paté ..... How about a wholemeal roll with slip or a syn free burger or chicken fillet in a wholemeal bap wholemeal Pitta make a great chicken kebab or pizza or just dunk in syn Free curry

If you are getting enough fibre from your other foods, then missing out HEXBs might not be a problem. But HEXAs are really important for fat and calcium. If you don't get enough calcium now, you will really regret it in later life.

I couldn't survive without my 2 HEBs! Perhaps because you are new to the plan, you don't feel the need for them, but you may change your mind later on. I always have a cereal breakfast and then have another HEB later in the day- either ryvitas at lunch, or a Hifi bar.

lardylady said:
I couldn't survive without my 2 HEBs! Perhaps because you are new to the plan, you don't feel the need for them, but you may change your mind later on. I always have a cereal breakfast and then have another HEB later in the day- either ryvitas at lunch, or a Hifi bar.

I always have either fruit and yog or ham and eggs with tomatoes or egg and beans and mushroomsfor brekkie or use my hex occasionally for toast bread or ryvitas we dont buy cereal so thats how i cope with one hex b cereal just doesnt fill me unless its a towering bowl full

Well on green days you are to have more, so that doesn't make sense? Unless you're gonna use your hexb's on green days for meat/fish/nuts/more cheese?

And again if you're only having 1 hexa choice on green you may not lose well, you may be one of those people who have to have two :)

To the OP : why not use whole milk on your cereal, to get all of the hexa in in one go! Or like others have said, use olive oil. Or there are some soups on that list, and also there's cooked/tinned fruits on there you could have those as a pudding or an evening snack?loads of ways to get them healthy extras in there

Rochelle's right - there's so much more to HEX's than dairy and bread, especially if you're on green. I think it's easy to forget what you can have tbh. I had a look at my book again today for the first time in ages and I'd completely forgotten that you can have certain tins of soup as a HEXB for example!

thanks everyone for the replies. Had my 2a and 2b yesterday and felt loads better. had wholemeal toast with brekkie and 2 alpen lights with hot milk last night to have 2 heb choices.
milk and cheese made my 2heA choices...
thanks for all the support and ideas x

Back