Newbie to JUDDD :D

GetItRightx

Hey all!

I spent most the night last night reading about this diet and I have to admit, its really appealed to me! It suits me a lot better than what I've been doing. I've been doing S&S but I miss the gym, I walk a lot and I'm finding myself really dizzy. So, I've decided to come join you guys and do it the JUDDD way :D
I'm starting today, I know I'll probably gain first week or two but I'm sure I'll be okay. I am a daily weigher but I've asked my OH to hide the scales so hes put them on top of the cupboard where I can't reach as I'm too short. Hes started S&S today and doing well so far.
I was on WW, but that made me really ill & found out I was only eating 700 cals :eek:! I know on the DD I'll be having 374cals but those will be the days when I'm not doing anything (ie. taking little one to nursery)
I think I'll probably struggle the most on the UDs, the calculator says I should eat 1810cals on an UD surely that can't be right? :/ lol Do I have to eat the full 1810 or just something close to it will be okay?

Hope everyone is okay and looking forward to chatting with you all :D

xo.

Hello, I just joined this diet too so I cannot really offer much advice. It does look an interesting diet, it seems to work :) good luck and I'll b following ur progress x

Thanks chick, how long have you been on JUDDD for? Did you come from Exante? It seems too good to be true so hoping it does work because then this "dieting" malarky will be easy from now on :p

xo.

Yes, I came from exante. Done a great job whilst I cud do it but lost the motivation!! So I am hoping this is gonna work. Today is my first day! Had a "diet day off" yesterday... X

I know how you feel about that, I've done both Exante and S&S and with Exante I got fed up of the shakes and the losses stalled and with S&S I kept feeling very faint & tummy ache with the bars so maybe not for me? Ah well lol

Good luck with your first day too :D Is this an UD or a DD for you?

xo.

No, not every diet works for everyone.! I'm starting with a down day as a detox from yesterday.... Oops. R u starting today? X

You need to get as near to your UD limit as you can (I think of it as storing some fuel to cope with my DD) so with a target of 1810 you need to aim for 1600+. But, that said, don't beat yourself up too much if you don't quite get there.
I think you'll enjoy JUDDD once you get into the swing of things.
Welcome. Xx

gentoo/aptenny

Hi welcome :) I'm new too and like u I did s&s, lost 4 stone, went to ww, kept feeling awful and realised like u I was having way too low calories!!
So here I am super excited starting juddd, good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey gentoo - that is a great way of seeing the UD as a fuel for the next day! If I go buy what I've put on MFP I will just have over 1600 cals so I'll make sure to have the cals needed to prepare me for the next day. I'm sure I'll get used to eating and after reading threads on here, if I get hungry on a DD don't panic cos I can eat the following day lol, something I was counting the days down for on S&S/Exante.

Hey Steph, oh wow! I wonder why WW is meant to be so good for you but only let you have less than 1000 cals? I suppose the 0 point foods of veg/fruit makes the difference lol, which is great if you like veg :p Hope you have a good JUDDD day :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've started today having an UD and tomorrow is my DD.

xo.

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Juddd, its easy and there aren't many rules , keep your DD,s low and 500 or under this is important as this is key, as you have done a vlcd you should find it OK , try to eat your UP day cals and keep telling yourself that you are NOT on a diet on your UP day, your body needs to get into the routine of Feast/famine , so if you aim to low on your UPs you wont achieve what you want to x Take a look at all the Diaries on here to get an idea of what people eat on their UP s and DD s, the DD can be hard and they are the reason so many fall by the wayside but again read the diaries the longer you are on Juddd the easier they become I promise. Good luck and any questions ask away x

Back