Newbie to site

Linmac69

Hi there I am new to this site and started my weight loss journey (again) last week. I had been following WW for a couple of years on and off but have now changed to slimming world and finding that a lot easier even though I am eating mainly the same fresh food. I am looking forward to chatting and getting lots of support and advice as well as being able to do the same for others. :)

Boo!

I am new to all this forum thingy (I have butterflies in my tummy as I write this!) soooooooo have no clue please be gentle with me :0).

I have recently joined S.W and I am soooooo confused been going 3 weeks and only lost half a pound how embarassing!
any way before I reduce myself to tears please could someone help with my dilemma...........I am off to an all you can eat chinese tomorrow night and have not a clue what would be best to have really can not face group next week with another gain!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post x

Hey I have just posted as a newbie and just realised you posted yesterday I should have replied to your thread I guess!
I will try not to be soooo rude next time!

If we are both new maybe we can help each other????

My weigh in day is a Friday when is yours?

I am still trying to get my head around the diet and I am off to an all you can eat chinese tomorrow :0)......what to eat though is the dilemma!

Welcome to you both:)
Linmac 69,its a friendly forum,I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Slimbod77,sounds like their style of diet just isn't right for you,if I were you I'd look into other diets which might suit you better,most of the popular ones have places on this forum,have a read at some and see what you like the sound of.

Hi there,
Nice to wet you I have only started posting to iChat so dates changed after midnight lol. I lost 1lb last week in my first week and was disappointed but I know it will come off, slowly but surely. My weigh in night is a Monday so I will post how I get on afterwards. Chinese buffet: I would have noodles and rice as well as some salad as the main foods on plate with a little of the other food that doesn't look as if it floating in oil. Why not try chicken and vegetables, chicken in blackbean sauce, beef chow mien. That sort of thing, hope that helps ;) I am staying away from the Chinese at the moment until I get a few pounds off and try to stick to restaurants that have steak, salmon or grilled chicken, that way I can enjoy dinner and know its free ;)

weightless1012 said:
Welcome to you both:)
Linmac 69,its a friendly forum,I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Slimbod77,sounds like their style of diet just isn't right for you,if I were you I'd look into other diets which might suit you better,most of the popular ones have places on this forum,have a read at some and see what you like the sound of.

Hi there, I am looking forward to meeting new people on here and getting the support ;)

slimbod77 said:
Hey I have just posted as a newbie and just realised you posted yesterday I should have replied to your thread I guess!
I will try not to be soooo rude next time!

If we are both new maybe we can help each other????

My weigh in day is a Friday when is yours?

I am still trying to get my head around the diet and I am off to an all you can eat chinese tomorrow :0)......what to eat though is the dilemma!

My weigh in day is a Monday, helping each other would be great, I am finding the plan pretty easy going
I love salad and vegetables lol, just need to make sure I eat more than normal.

If I was you I would fill up on the noodles, rice and vegetables first and choose food like chicken in blackbean sauce or beef with vegetables, if it looks as if it swimming in oil avoid lol

Hope that helps

Hi, Im new to this site too, would like to say Hello to you all

I've done SW before so if you need help just ask will help if I can.

slimbod77, enjoy your chinese then get straight bank onto eating plan, drink lots of water

My weighting in day is monday too.....look forward to talking to you all :) x

Hey Thanks for replying to my post. I failed to mention that I had not followed the diet 100% sorry.
I think I joined S.W at the wrong time as we had alot of social gaterings which did not give me time to get my head around the diet in order for me to be able to choose wisely. Having said that I will still look at the other diets as I personally get bored just following one diet plan after a while. I have tried W.W but I always feel like i'm counting points all the time and with 3 children you do not always have time to think! The beauty of S.W for me is that fruit is free and I am a fruit bat and also on my busier days I can still confidently eat.

What diet do you find best for you? so I can read up on that diet as I am no good at making decisions!

Thanks again for replying

Hello I have only just seen your post how ever I did has you suggested and i'm back on track so Friday morning will be the tester!
How did you get on at weigh in today? Are you still doing S.W?

Speak soon and thanks for replying to my post :)

Oh well just back from SW and I have stayed the same, was very disheartened but spoke with consultant and I am doing everything right so to keep at it and hopefully see the results next week. I know it will come off ..... Eventually :-/

Hello again

I am sort of getting to grips with the forum scene now hope all the new forumers are getting on ok with the site and being able to find inspiration. I wanted to share this with you........ *Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like! Just click on the link and it will take you to the thread.
Having put on half a pound this week and lots of social events in the week ahead I need all the help I can to pull back last nights antics and get through the other social events!
The proof will be in the pudding on Fridays weigh in!

Do your best this week forumers speak soon

Slimbod77:bighug:

Back