Extra Easy Newbie to Slimming World and Minimins

Polly

Hi All

My name is Polly and I live in Dublin, just joined Minimins and loving it so far.

Started Slimming world last week after 16 months on Atkins, lost 50 lbs very happy with that but its a very unforgiving diet and I wanted a change, lots of people here are getting great results with SW so I thought I would give it a go. Loving it so far, lost 2lbs in my first week which was amaziing as I had expected to put on a few pound with eating carbs again, thats what normally happens as every gram of carb holds a gram of water in your body so when you are not eating them you lose all the excess water.

I will write again soon and give you all a few more details about me, looking forward to getting some tips and information as I am not going to classes just doing SW by myself, got the book and a cookery book so hopefully I can do this. Need to lose another 50 lbs so I have a long road ahead of me but I'm confident I can do this.

Thanks for reading

Polly

Hi I'm in the same situ really new to SW and doing it on my own too. Theres loads of helpful info on here for finding syn values and recipes etc

I've just started and I've just started on here, going to my first weigh-in in half an hour, I'm scared! :{ x

Hi to everyone!! Well done on joining!! It really is a fantastic plan and really works 100% i you are willing to give it 100%!! There is so much more freedom than any other fad diets i have tried, and let me tell you i have tried alot, i have been on slimming world on and off for 10yrs, its always been there every time i have needed it!! Lots of diffrent people from all diffrent walks of life are following slimming world and on minimins and everyone is here to help and support you, dont be afraid to ask, no question is a silly question!! Good luck on your journey, believe in yourself and you will do amazing!!! Liz xxx

I've just started and I've just started on here, going to my first weigh-in in half an hour, I'm scared! :{ x

Hi luv, dont be scared!! I have never felt more comfortable about my weight than in a slimming word meeting, everyone there is there for the same reason you are!! No one will judge or make fun of you and your weight will never be disclosed in front of any of the members, only what you lose or gain every week, and only if you are comfortable with it!! I promise you will never look back after tonight!! Good luck xxx

Still getting my head around it, not seeing much success on the scales but I suppose I have to be patient to allow my body to re adjust from Atkins.

Well stayed the same this week, but I'm not too disappointed as I had expected to put on a few pounds, too much birthday cake and Wine. Really going to be serious from today.

Setting my self a mini goal of 21 pound by easter, I've nothing much going on between now and then so should be able to do it.

Polly

Back