Newbie to Slimming World - Help

cazzabella78

staying positive
Hiya everyone,

Im joining my local Slimming World class tomorrow night for the first time in around 7 years :) I normally do Scottish Slimmers but thought i'd give Slimming World a go as im getting bored with calorie counting :break_diet:

Just a quick question...can you take kids to classes? my little girl is 2 and im struggling to find childcare for when im at class so i thought i'd ask here and see if anyone knows or if anyone takes their kids to class.

Im looking forward to starting tomorrow, i've got around 3 stones to lose (from a size 16, hopefully down to a 10) and im determined to change my eating habits.

I signed up on Sunday to do the Cambridge Diet plan but after one day on the programe i've decided its just not for me, i just can't live without food :D

I know people do take their kids to class, but I recommend you bring something to occupy them if you are staying to Image Therapy, because they will be bored out of their minds :D

Some children come to ours. They generally sit at the back table and colour. In the summer holidays she puts things out forbthem and had a raffle at the end where they all got a prize for being good for 6 weeks.

OOhhh where about's in Fife are you? I go to cowdenbeath class. Nice to see another Fifer:)

hi helen, im just along the road in Cardenden :) im going to the Glenrothes class tomorrow. I saw there was a class in Cowdenbeath at the salvation hall but i wasnt too sure if they had toilets (im toilet training my daughter) so i thought i'd be better at the rothes halls as i'd have to take her with me sometimes :) you've done fab with your weight losses :)

LOL Yes the cowdenbeath one has toilets. And Hilary is an excellent consultant. I'm actually living in Lochore, but go to C/B for SW.

lol, ahh i thought it might do :) i had a sneaky takeaway for tea tonight so im all ready to go tomorrow night. the last time i did slimming world was years ago but its changed a little since the last time i did it. i normally do scottish slimmers on and off (more off than on) but thought i'd do something different this time

I'm sure you'll love SW, I looked into Scottish Slimmers, but the whole calorie counting thing put me off..lol Good luck with your first meet tonight:).

hope you enjoy your class and im sure you will love sw!!

yes people take children(i've taken one of mine before too)...as others said take something to keep her occupied!
certainly in our group no one minds you taking a child when they are well behaved,in fact they love it!!

cheers girlies, im looking forward to class tonight. i've even found a local zumba class to go to on friday so im looking forward to that too. has anyone else been to zumba? i had a look on youtube and theres a few videos...hmmm, not quite sure im gona look quite the same :) my feet tend to have a mind of they're own lol

Back