Newbie to Slimming World!

Lady_Amalthea

Looking for Slimville!
Hello there, I'm Erin :)

I am starting the Slimming World plan tomorrow - a first time for me, although by no means my first attempt to lose weight!
Back in 2006, I managed to lose over 2 stone on the Cambridge Diet but gradually the weight started to creep back on (entirely my own fault!) as I am a SERIOUS comfort eater :(..I put on the weight I had lost and then some!

I was diagnosed with borderline thyroid disease in April - a condition the doctor insisted was correcting itself. However, after a whole summer of a mega diet overhaul I only managed to lose 7lbs. I'm not saying I was a complete angel but I stopped the pigging out/comfort eating sessions and ate a reasonably healthy diet while running around working as a waitress/barmaid at a holiday park and going to the gym once a week. To say I am disheartened is putting it lightly. I'm not blaming the slow weight loss on my diagnosis but I do wonder if it played a part...in previous diet attempts I've managed to lose the same amount in WEEK ONE.

Either way, I've decided I need some sort of stability and Slimming World has worked for so many of my friends/family I've decided it could be the one for me!!

I currently weigh 12st 13lbs and am a size 16/18. My initial target weight is 10st 3lbs. Once I get to that I'll see how I feel in myself.

With the Cambridge diet, I went down to 8st 13lbs but I'm not sure I'd want to go that far again. I am only 5ft 2.5" but looking back at pics I think I looked like a bit of a Bratz doll at that weight :p

Anyhoo, sorry for the lengthy introduction! Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Hi Erin :)

My name's Katy and I'm on week 2 of SW (not my first weight loss attempt either- lost 4 stone with ww but put 2 stone back on) but have a fair bit more to lose than you.

I hope you find the diet as do-able as I do, its certainly a lot healthier than a lot of other diets (i.e. WW, in my humble opinion) and easy to get the hang of once you get going.

Will you be going to a class? I do it online

Good luck hon x

Thanks, Katy! Gonna need all the luck I can get. My willpower lets me down at times - BADLY!!

I'm doing it online as well as don't have time to attend a class between uni/roller derby/youth group volunteer stuff...it'll just be easier for me this way. I have a friend who attends the class and so does my mum so can get hints/tips passed on from them if need be!!

It's good to get a relative newbies perspective on the plan as I am not really sure what to expect. On paper it does look like a healthier option so here's hoping it will fill me up as well!! :)

x

Good luck! It is a great plan and easy to eat well and have some treats too.

Thanks, Katy! Gonna need all the luck I can get. My willpower lets me down at times - BADLY!!

I'm doing it online as well as don't have time to attend a class between uni/roller derby/youth group volunteer stuff...it'll just be easier for me this way. I have a friend who attends the class and so does my mum so can get hints/tips passed on from them if need be!!

It's good to get a relative newbies perspective on the plan as I am not really sure what to expect. On paper it does look like a healthier option so here's hoping it will fill me up as well!! :)

x

No worries hon :bunnydance: I only do online because I work horible shifts and do lots of oncalls for work and couldn't find a convenient class. I like the encouragement of going to a group though so would find it hard with out the support of all the lovely guys/girls on here. There are often 'teams' and challenges which are good to join in with for added motivation (just an example of one I'm doing)

sending you plenty of good vibes :vibes:

Hi guys, i used to go to a slimming world group a couple of years ago and lost 2 stone but since then i've put it back on and more, started doing it online last week and lost 3lbs :) think i might have messed up this weekend tho so gotta be good from now on! So glad i found this site as i think having the support of other people going through the same thing will help alot! We can do it together! Good luck all!

Thanks for such a warm welcome guys. :)

I'll be sure to check-in with my weekly weight changes (hopefully they will all be losses haha!)

Bring on Day 1 tomorrow!!

Hi Erin

Good luck with your weight loss journey. There's plenty of lovely people and support on here. Hope to see you about.

Pix :)

Hi guys, i used to go to a slimming world group a couple of years ago and lost 2 stone but since then i've put it back on and more, started doing it online last week and lost 3lbs :) think i might have messed up this weekend tho so gotta be good from now on! So glad i found this site as i think having the support of other people going through the same thing will help alot! We can do it together! Good luck all!

Welcome to the site Sazy x

Back