Newbie to slimming world

yorkplumber

I started myfitnesspal on the 18th January 2011 and lost 5 stone. Wanting another 2 stone off and starting slimming world tomorrow so looking for a newbie guide.

Treat me as a complete noob. In an ideal world i am looking for 7 full days of meals so i can get started.Love pasta, hate seafood, love potato and all fruit and veg. Love all meats.

I know this is a big ask but i have some researching to do and a 7 day slimming world plan would help me loads

thanks

xx

There is are 7 day menu plans on the SW website :)

I love omlettes you can have salad and potatoes with it aswell just count the cheese as a healthy a choice.you also get u superfree in which helps speed up your weight loss.good luck.

yorkplumber said:
What is the rule of thumb? I think i read that you need 3/4 healthy options a day but what are heA or heB?

Many thanks

There is a newbie guide which explains all about how the different plans work. Alternatively, join a group for the materials and a new member talk :)

Look on the recipe section- pretty much everything can be adapted to be SW friendly (pizza, KFC etc).
Just make sure you get in lots of fruit and veg. X

Thank you all for your comments. I have decided that the extra easy method is the way forward for me.
2 weetabix with milk & banana for breakie.
mild cheese & broccoli bachelors pasta followed by kiwi and orange.
2 slices of warbutons wholemeal bread, tin of baked beans in tommy sauce and tomato followed by a low fat yogurt.

What would you guys think to this for my intake tomorrow?

yorkplumber said:
Thank you all for your comments. I have decided that the extra easy method is the way forward for me.
2 weetabix with milk & banana for breakie.
mild cheese & broccoli bachelors pasta followed by kiwi and orange.
2 slices of warbutons wholemeal bread, tin of baked beans in tommy sauce and tomato followed by a low fat yogurt.

What would you guys think to this for my intake tomorrow?

I'd say first off, is that enough food to keep you going all day-I'd be famished!!!
Secondly, the idea of superfree food is to limit the amount of free food, therefore it needs to ideally be included in the plate, or eaten before-not after.
Thirdly, where are your syns?
Finally-you've had 2 weetabix as your HEb so you'll need to remember to syn the bread(so I guess there are a few there)

I understand the method behind the madness now! Fill up on the good stuff so u don't eat the semi- good stuff! Message received loud and clear.

So melon and fruit before breakfast.
Salad or veg with my pasta & sauce
Whole meal bread with baked beans and asparagus followed by a fat free yogurt if needed.

Add fruit/veg to snack on when I get hungry throughout the day.

[Note to self] plan meals for 1 week using the above method

yorkplumber said:
I understand the method behind the madness now! Fill up on the good stuff so u don't eat the semi- good stuff! Message received loud and clear.

So melon and fruit before breakfast.
Salad or veg with my pasta & sauce
Whole meal bread with baked beans and asparagus followed by a fat free yogurt if needed.

Add fruit/veg to snack on when I get hungry throughout the day.

plan meals for 1 week using the above method

Sounds ideal, but as I said in the previous post, make sure you are eating enough, and using atleast 5 syns a day

Thank you welsh you have been a big help

I have started today with a blended banana and orange smoothie. In 30 minutes ill have some breakfast if im still hungary

x

Last edited:
yorkplumber said:
Thank you welsh you have been a big help

I have started today with a blended banana and orange smoothie. In 30 minutes ill have some breakfast if im still hungary

x

Be careful with smoothies-you need to remember to syn them-fruit is only free when it's whole, fresh or frozen. Once you puree it, it changes the make up and becomes synful!

Hows my day looking so far?
Slimming world diet 06/03/2012
1 x Banana + 1 x Orange smoothie
1 x 50mm of milk
1 x banana
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt
1 x Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce + asda bag of veg

yorkplumber said:
Hows my day looking so far?
Slimming world diet 06/03/2012
1 x Banana + 1 x Orange smoothie
1 x 50mm of milk
1 x banana
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt
1 x Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce + asda bag of veg

Like I said earlier, you have to syn your smoothie, and if I remember correctly those pasta n sauces are 1/2syn-providing you replace the milk and butter-and just make them with water :)

Like Welshtigger said, you cant puree your fruit without synning it. A banana is about 5-7 syns depending how big it is and an orange not miuch less. Your smoothie is probably more than 10 syns :(

Back