Newbie to SW - advice please

melmac

Hey, so have lost 4.5stone on a competitor diet and put about 1 stone back on. Can't seem to get my head round that at the moment. Don't know why but it's just not working for me :( So a change is as goo as a rest, want to loose that stone again and another one as well as. So got my starter pack this week, but not really given it a real go, so going to draw a line Tuesday morning at WI and fresh start then. Planned a weeks meals, based on approx 10 syns a day. including healthy extras a and b each day and using everything else from free foods.

Hope it works, as struggling to believe I can eat things like muller lite as often as I want / need an still loose weight!

Anyone got any top tips for me?? Or encouragement?? Thanks mm x

My top tip for anyone just signing up and the thing that has been my saving grace has been planning, I always try to do a meal plan and do my shop with that plan in mind, which it sounds like you have already done so you're off to a flying start already. Not sure if it's just a coincdence, but the 2 weeks where I didn't plan were the two weeks that I have either gained or maintained! Good luck, if you need a helping hand just yell x

I always write a weekly menu, only buy the ingredients for these meals, stops you buying rubbish! Keep a food diary.
There is a thread on here about how many Muller light you should eat & it worked out at a max of 2 per day to help you loose weight, people who ate more found that it was very hard to loose weight, possibly because of the sugar content, best advice is eat sensibility!

I would also advise a weekly menu as it helps to keep me right on track. I would also be sensible with the amount of 'free' food your eating like the yoghurts...I always say to myself "would a normal person eat four yoghurts a day?" Obviously the answer is no. So just because it is free try and use your sensibilities!
good luck in your journey x

Oooh thanks guys. i've had 2 mullerlights ad 2 other fat free yoghurts today, so will take that on board and cut them down now!! weekly plan done and stuck to my list during shopping so will see how this week goes :) thanks for your support x

Back