Newbie trying for a baby!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Hi, I'm new to this today. Have just started (re-started for the 100th time!!) SW diet.
I am not going to classes, but know the plan quite well and have bought the latest magazine (still trying to get my head around extra-easy though! Might stick to green days!).

I normally hop on and off Atkins as I'm a quick fix junkie, but me and OH are trying for our second baby at the moment so I don't really think that's the ideal eating plan for that (not to offend people who really like Atkins, but I do quite an unhealthy version of it, all bacon and eggs and very few vegetables :sigh:) For the last couple of months I haven't really bothered eating well or working out because I kept thinking 'I'll be pregnant soon and it won't really matter if I look chubby'. Have just realised what a messed-up attitude that is! so am going to try really hard to stick to SW, so that in a few months I'll either be pregnant and healthy or not pregnant and looking a damn sight better than I do now :D If I do get pregnant I hope to stick to plan so will hopefully get some advice on how to do that healthily.

All the best, and I'm really enjoying the site

Hatti x

Hi Hatti,

Welcome (and thanks again for your lovely post on my thread). I think that you are right about SW being a long term plan. In fact I don't even really feel like it's a diet. There are some days that it's hard to stick to but many days, it's just how I eat now and I really believe that it is my plan for life even if/after I get to target. It isn't a quick fix so you will need to be patient (which is hard in the early stages) however it is also possible to lose weight quite quickly by following the plan properly (I lost 5.5 stone in just over 9 months - obviously I haven't lost any more since then but I have pretty much maintained that loss apart from my recent holiday !).

Hope all is going well.

Gail x

Hi

Welcome ! I'm abt to start sw again !! They really should offer a discount for repeating customers lol anyway like u my incentive is I desp want a baby of my own !! I work with other peoples babies everyday and want my own so I don't have to give then back at the end if the day lol !

Good luck and I wish u well !!

Thanks for the welcome guys - Gail I really agree with what you say, and I'll look forward to reading your diary some more (and maybe starting one of my one?!?)

Little Miss Helpful, never mind a discount, I want a hifi bar named after me I've paid so many joining fees! doing it from home this time as can't get out in evenings. Wish you so much luck, there can't be many better incentives to get healthy than to have a baby xx

Welcome to the forum :)

Back