Newbie- trying to decide which diet to follow?

Hel

Hello :sign0144:

I signed up here yesterday, i'm trying to get some inspiration for a diet to follow. I was going to try cambridge, but i'm not sure now...I like my food too much (but that's what got me into this mess :rolleyes:)

I am weighing up weight watchers, slimming world, slim fast and calorie counting. I am also going to the gym.

I look forward to chatting to you all :)

Hel x

Hi and welcome. have a look round the forums and ask a few questions. I'm doing CD it is hard work but does get easier and there are options for food so don't discount it just yet;)
Hope you find the right one for you and good luck whichever you choose:)

I'm on lipotrim, which is total food replacement, yes it's as hard as it sounds but the results are ver fast and because you're totally off any food, it's less likely that you cheat unless you bung up the programme.

Thanks Deflating, the idea of food abstinence really appeals as I won't have to think about food, and as you say, i'm less likely to cheat if food isn't even in the equation!!

Id definitely recommend WW, I love it, it doesnt feel like being on a diet at all :)

I'm doing weight watchers, it does work and you can eat what you like within reason. My progress has been slower than I'd like but that's because my will power fluctuates !! When I stick to it I get results. I ve just joined minimums hoping for some extra moral support

I do the Cambridge Diet and am on the option with 3 packs a day and a very small meal of turkey, fish or chicken and a small amount of veg. I also make one of the shakes into a moose several times a week so I do feel like I am eating a bit. I've done 10 weeks and have lost 2st4lbs and 20 inches in total all over.

:welcome: to minimins. best of luck with what ever you decide hun, cd is a great diet but if you break it for xmas it is harder to get back on it,might be better of doing one of the others till after xmas and then think about cd ll or lt xx

Hi hel

everyone is an advocate of the diet they are on so please excuse me adding to your dilemma but I'm on a diet called go lower - it's a high protein low carb diet and puts you into ketosis like CD but you eat real food. The result is a faster weight loss than w/w but naturally slower than CD - averaging out at about 3 to 4lbs a week (more for people with a lot to lose) from the results i am seeing on the go lower forum (when you join you get access)

Even better for me the food is delivered to your door so all i have to do is pop it into the microwave and it tastes gorgeous (think m and s quality).

It's not the cheapest option (depending on how much you need to lose/ how long you stay on it there are different prices) but when i worked out how much i spent on food before (not just at the supermarket but on lunches at work, snacks etc) I think it's costing me less.

As i say not wishing to add to your dilemma but this is a little known diet and i wish i'd been told about it years ago

Wow, thanks everyone. Such great advice.

I am really considering weight watchers. Starlight, did you lose all of your weight on ww? If so, that is amazing. What an inspiration.

I'm going to have a good snoop around the forum tonight once ds has gone to bed. Thanks for the great replies!

Hi :welcome: - I'm doing WW - It's great as you can eat what you like as long as you stick to your points - a bonus if your worried about how yr gonna cope over xmas. Good luck with your weight loss whatever programme you choose!

Hiya & :welcome:.
Good luck on your journey. x :D

Thanks for everyone's help and advice. I have decided to try Rosemary Conley. I like the idea of exercise and being careful with my food, but also having the option for the odd treat.

I have done that many diets in the past 15 years, but have never tried rc,so i'm hoping that a new plan will give me tonnes of enthusiasm :)

Thanks again,

Hel x

We have a few RC members on here and I am sure they will be pleased you are joining them. You could start a diary in the RC section for extra support and encouragement. Good luck

Irene xx

Back