Newbie with a questions

storyjunkie

Hello all, this is my first post on Minimins so please forgive me if I'm posting in the totally wrong place! I have a question.

I am on the verge of joining Slimming World online. I've done Weightwatchers for some time now and it works fine but I'm just bored of it and gaining weight and I'd like to kick start the weight loss again, maybe with something new.

My question is this: My sister gave me her old Slimming World stuff when she rejoined and got new books etc. The Books I have are from a couple of years ago- will they do OK? Or has Slimming world done a big change recently like WW has? It will be a lot cheaper to do the online thing if I don't have to pay for the books as well.

Thanks everyone! I hope I can stick to this. I find dieting massively difficult and am so stressed about it that I'm eating a piece a chocolate cake as I'm writing this! eek! :)

Hello all, this is my first post on Minimins so please forgive me if I'm posting in the totally wrong place! I have a question.

I am on the verge of joining Slimming World online. I've done Weightwatchers for some time now and it works fine but I'm just bored of it and gaining weight and I'd like to kick start the weight loss again, maybe with something new.

My question is this: My sister gave me her old Slimming World stuff when she rejoined and got new books etc. The Books I have are from a couple of years ago- will they do OK? Or has Slimming world done a big change recently like WW has? It will be a lot cheaper to do the online thing if I don't have to pay for the books as well.

Thanks everyone! I hope I can stick to this. I find dieting massively difficult and am so stressed about it that I'm eating a piece a chocolate cake as I'm writing this! eek! :)

Hi and welcome to Minimins

I have only been doing sw since the end of January, before that I was a ww girl and never lost more than 10lbs. I have never done a diet as easy as sw and it honestly doesn't feel as though I am on a diet. I am 2lbs away from losing 2 stone and never thought I would be able to say that. You have made a great choice in doing sw.

If you have a read through some of the diaries on here you will pick up the general gist of the sw diet. I don't know if extra easy was on sw a couple of years ago but if you are doing it online it should give you all the info you will need anyway. You'll find now you've done a diary that loads of people will post help and advice and just general chit chat to you on here which is a massive help and really does get you through the 'hard' days!

Good luck xxxx :D

ditto the above from saddlebags, welcome and enjoy, if in doubt ask, you will be surprised at the knowledge we have between us, the support is FANTASTIC :) :D :)

Thanks so much for your reply. I think I will really need the support. Overeating is the one thing in my life that I have never been able to get to grips with and I'm now in my mid-30s and starting to worry about my health, so I do need to do something! x

You will to get grips with it, we're all on here for the same reason to lose weight/not happy with ourselves etc, no matter what you think somebody else on here will have been or is feeling exactly the same. You aren't on your own on this journey, we'll all be here with you - giving you a kick up the bum :asskick: or a hug :hug99:whenever needed!!

When do you weigh in? Keep us posted.

xx

Welcome to minimins :)

This is in haste as should be working lol

Have you read this post

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Lots of useful information for newbies :)

Meant to say - I am working from slightly older books from home. I use minimins to find syn values. or google them. I use the search bar and pop in produce and word syns at the top right of these pages and most of the time I can find what I want :)

Goodluck

We are all here to help and support you xxx

Last edited:
Oooh thanks for that link, looks useful! I have been looking over all my new Slimming World stuff. Looks too easy to be true! We'll see.... ;-)

Hi Storyjunkie :)

I would deffos recommend Slimming World.

I was dubious having never tried dieting (or 'healthy eating' as I like to call it.. :)) before, even though I knew i needed to and thought SW would be something like off 'Fat Fighters' - a bit horrendous.

All i can say is Join Join Join Join Join!
It's the best thing I have ever done and it's done me wonders.

I think you should be fine doing it from the old books, the principles are still the same, and if you're going to join online then it'll tell you all about it on there.

I google syn values for things, and most of the results end up pointing back to MiniMins, so you're in the right place!

It seems to good to be true, but it really is quite an easy plan to follow.

Good luck! and keep us updated with how you're getting on

Lauren
xxxx

P.S ebay have got some good cooking books for cheap cheap cheap including the out of print ones which still have well tasty meals in them!

I joined SW online and the site is packed with info. I don't have any books but it let me buy the 2011 directory of foods for the shops as they have a bookstore if you need it.

Don't really need that book tho as I use the syns online tool to find all the values. You can also print off the plans for ee, original and green if you prefer a hard copy.

Sure you'll do just fine. ;)

Back