Newbie Wonders Why Slimming World Works

Kaimana

Hi All!

I just joined. Yay! This is my first post! Whoo hoo!

About a month ago on a cross country train trip, I met a Brit couple who had nothing but amazing things to say about Slimming World. We don't have meetings here, but I bought the the book,Slimming World Food Optimising, on Amazon. I've read it and I get it. You have your red days and your green days and you work in some Free Foods and Syns and you'll lose weight. So far, so good. I love that it's not a diet, but more of a lifestyle change. I would love to get this party started, but I can't until I understand why/how it works. I'm stubborn and can't bring myself to change my habits until I completely understand what I'm doing.

The question that has been on my mind since reading the book is WHY? Why do you lose weight when proteins are eaten on one day and starches, legumes and grains are eaten on a separate day? Why does it not work when you eat Red & Green meals on the same day?

I've been googling things like metabolism, the Krebs cycle, the Glycemic Index, the gastric emptying rate, etc. I feel like I'm close, but I'm tired of reading medical journals.

If someone could explain why this works I would be super appreciative!

Thanks!

Well you actually CAN eat red and green meals together if you do extra easy.

The way it works is that as the Foods which are free are very filling but also low calorie you end up eating very few calories each day. The plan is low in fat and sugar. The food you eat is digested by the body in a way that helps you lose weight. You also have through the healthy extras the right amount of fibre to speed up your digestion and the right amount of calcium to help you excrete excess fats and that's about it.

There's not really any miracle secret, when you break down sw it's basically just a good old fashioned balanced diet- much like the food pyramid.

Back