Newbie!

journojuls

Hi everyone,
I have been on minimins before after trying every diet under the sun! The Dr has given me xenical and I was really really worried about starting it so it's been sitting in a drawer for 2 weeks! After reading through the forum I think I actually have the confidence to start them! Wish me luck!

Juls

Hi Juls and welcome to the Xenical forum :)
As a general rule of thumb, food you eat needs to be 5% ( or less) fat, that is no more than 5g of TOTAL fat per 100g of food product, and that your meals should have no more than 15g of fat per meal. There's more info on the sticky at the top of the forum, http://www.minimins.com/xenical/98543-xenical-info-new-starters.html
I'd recommend keeping a food diary, either here, or a note book at home. Record everything you eat and the fat grammes in it. When I started Xenical, I found my food diary invaluable, it made keeping an eye on my fat intake so much easier, and 2 years down the line, I'm on my 5th food diary :D I plan everything I'm going to eat the night before, write it down, and then I know what I'm having.
Good luck xx

Thanks so much for the advice. My Dr was, as usual, completely unhelpful. I am feeling positive now though and I am going to get stuck in tomorrow.

x

Hi Juls, just wanted to say welcome and good luck!! :D xxx

:wavey: welcome to the forum,and good luck!

xoxo

just popping in and saying hi and good luck! keep posing around here and you will do just fine! :)

Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice. I decided not to do the trial. My mum has volunteered to try the food on my behalf! I decided I didn't like not knowing what was in the food and am pleased with how the first few days have gone on xenical and didn't want to come off it so soon after starting. Thanks again for the support. x

Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice. I decided not to do the trial. My mum has volunteered to try the food on my behalf! I decided I didn't like not knowing what was in the food and am pleased with how the first few days have gone on xenical and didn't want to come off it so soon after starting. Thanks again for the support. x

I think you made the right choice. good ol' mum eh ;)

xoxo

Back