jaxmummy

Silver Member
well ive got my packs today and going to start in the morning, any tips for a newbie?

Just grin and bear it through the first few days - these are the most exciting days but also in some ways the hardest! Let your excitement about finally being on the right track to being slim and gorgeous carry you through... and when you do struggle, come here and let us know!

If you get through the first 3/4 days it gets a lot easier. I'd say drink as much water as you can, especially if your feeling hungry.

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

Mrs H to be said:
If you get through the first 3/4 days it gets a lot easier. I'd say drink as much water as you can, especially if your feeling hungry.

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

Good luck and keep thinking why your doing this diet the first week when I felt hungry I had a long soak in the bath never had so many baths lol but it got me through the first week also while the family where eating I used to wash up and tidy round keep us informed the weigh in will be so worth it x

hi , some great advise so far :)

my biggest tips are -

be excited and positive about the diet .. see it as a fantastic start to a new you ...

when you get hungry and want to eat .. tell yourself you CAN .. in an hour ... then when the hour is up ... tell yourself to wait another hour ... if you tell yourself you CANNOT eat then you will want to , the diet does not control you , you CHOOSE to not cheat and that makes a big difference :)

drink lots of water

just remember that the first week is tough .. but it gets lots easier and the longer you manage the stronger you will feel ... set small goals .. getting through thr first hour .. the 2nd hour , the first day etc

distract yourself - i normally end up doing a lot of cleaning in the first week , rearrange your itchen cupboards etc , and early nights help too !! ( although you will probably be getting up for the loo a few times a night in the first week !!!!)

come on here whenever you feel its getting tough , read the stories and the diaries and see how others felt in their first week , and ask for advise and support when you need it , there is normally someone around to help you out :D

you will probably get a headache in the first 3-4 days so take some regular paracetamol , if you get constipated ( like most of us do ) have some laxatives to hand and then think about using some fibre ( CDCs sell it ) I use movicol but you can use senna or dulco pico perles too

Good luck :D

awww thanks guys, im up now and excited, feel a bit rough(lack of sleep due to child) so gonna have some water and a tidy up before i have my first shake. Your advice is really good thanks again

Your welcome hun,

If you find yourself hungry soon after having your first shake try dividing the others in half and spacing them out, so you have four left for today instead of two.

xx

Back