Newbie!

Morning all

I am just thinking about doing SW. I weighed myself yesterday having put on a pair of jeans that almost didn't do up (seriously I could barely breath all day in these things!) and nearly cried! I knew the weight had been creep[ing back on and that I had been eating with abandon, but I hadnt' realised quite how bad it was. So....to limit the damage at Christmas I thought it was time to ge things under control a bit more!

I've been doing some reading and think I'm starting to get me head around it all and have read the various stickys on here so fingers crossed I can get it to work. Meetings are not an option as all the local ones start too early for me to get to and the online access seems very expensive for what it is!

I think I'll just need a bit more planning than I have been doing and I'm not sure how to decide whether to go for a green day or a red day but I guess I need to just jump right in a try it out now!

Wish me luck please!

Good luck with your weight loss journey. This site is a font of information for those doing it alone!

Hi and welcome.

Have a good look around this forum especially at diaries, you can get some great idea for cost effective meals. (i am on a budget and have to watch what i spend).
There is also an extra easy plan whereby you take the best from the red and green days and combine the two eating plans, which is great, once you get your head around how much yummy food you can eat.

any problems then don't hesitate to ask on here, no matter what problem is. Odds are someone else has experienced it or is experiencing it at the same time.

We are a friendly bunch and I love this forum.

xx

You've made the first step :D - so onward & upward to the new you x

Welcome, and don't worry weve all asked a simple question and felt silly, but once you get into the flow you will be fine :D

Last edited:
Hi and :welcome2:
Everyone is right there is a wealth of information on here about which plan you can do, suggestions of what to eat as well as some yummy recipes. There's also the groups that are more specific that you can have a search around in.

Don't be scared of asking if you don't know. Nobody is an expert on their own...only in their own experiences. It's what forums like these are for...and if you don't ask...you don't get! :D

Good luck with your weight loss journey and keep us updated as to how you're getting on. :)

OK...first question, been browsing the food diaries on here for some ideas of the sorts of things to get stocked up with in the cupboard and keeps seeing something called mugshots? what are these??

Back