Total Solution Newbie

minimich

Just wanted to check in really.

After reading many sites and posts about this diet, i am giving it a go and i ordered a weeks worth as a trial.

My parcel arrived today, one product short i may add but straight away i emailed Exante and they are sending my missing item today.

I am starting tomorrow (Friday) and have an appointment at the doctors on Monday to see the smoking cessation nurse to get underway with giving up smoking too, another reason for starting a diet. I have promised my husband (who has just left for a 6 month tour in Afghanistan) and myself that i will lose a stone in order to get my holiday to Florida!!

Would love to hear from as many of you out there as possible and get as much motivation as i can as that is what i lack, someone to bounce off of, be in a bit of competition with cause it spurs me on to get off the couch and away from the TV.

Looking forward to tomorrow with trepidation, anticipation and a degree of excitement, not looking forward to being hungry though, hate that feeling.

MiniMich

First Day....

This has been my first day on the diet and i managed to get through it ok. I had a strawberry shake for breakfast, only half of the TNR bar and the Thai Chicken soup for my tea and as anticipate they all apart from the soup, that wasn't too bad once i loaded it with pepper and a bit of salt, taste like cardboard. Didn't like the shake at all. Hey ho, nothing i didn't expect though so any tips on how to make them more appealing would be great. I actually managed my coffee with no milk too, never thought i would.

Can i drink pepsi max? Usually thats all i drink

Hi MiniMich, well done on getting through your first day on Exante :) I'm still waiting for my first pack to arrive. I've had email confirmation that it will be with me on Monday - I can't wait to get started.

I'm a pepsi max girl too and was wondering the same. I think the Exante website warns you not to drink fizzy diet drinks because it might cause you to crave food, so I'm not sure?

Good Luck!! :D Hope all's going well for you so far?

With the shakes, you can add tablet sweeteners or cinamon and things which you might like better. Try the vanilla one with a tsp of coffee, hot or cold, and its yummy! Like a latte! :D A bit of vanilla or choc shake is good in coffee too if youre not keen on drinking it black :) there's a sticky post somewhere on here with lots of different ways to make them. With the soups, salt pepper, bouillon, chilli, etc, can help with the taste :)

Pepsi max is a no-no as far as I'm aware, because it has citric acid in it..... We're allowed Coke Zero though! Again, theres a sticky with a list of drinks we can have :)

This forum is really good for motivation and stuff, In my first week I spent most of my time on here as it was a distraction to thinking about food! Done the same this week since my restart hehe :)

As far as feeling hungry, after the first 4-5 days you should be in ketosis, so you won't feel hungry :) The first week is often the worst, but if you can stick at it, you will see fab results at your weigh in :) I found after about 10 days I felt much better even than I did before I started, much more energy and stuff, I think its because with the 3 packs you get 100% of what you need, so its all good :)

Hope that helps! Keep going! :D x

Thanks for all the support

Hiya, Just wanted to check in and say thanks to the girls that have given me support. I'm on day three now and doing ok, slightly hungry on an evening when im sat doing nothing!! I've been keeping some of the bar i have at lunch to munch on watching tv.
Also been keeping to the 20 mins exercise a day too, i have a treadmill thats been collecting dust so i've been using that every morning.
So far i've tasted all the soups, shakes and bars apart from the mushroom and vanilla shakes. Coffee black is getting easier!! I'm not a big fan of water but im drinking it although i have to have a swig of pepsi max to take the taste away, i'll go and get myself some coke zero instead today though, not loving that one its not as nice.

Well i'll try and keep going i'm determined to, theres a holiday in it for me!!!

Good luck everyone:)

Back